I'm still REALLY hungry after dinner

Options
Even though my dinner is usually my largest meal of the day. I work out 6x/week, could that have something to do with my crazy appetite?

Will someone look at my eats over the past few days and offer some advice? I'm so hungry right now I could eat my arm, but I only have 24 calories left for the day. Argh!

Replies

• jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    I didn't look over all the days just a few I glanced over. I would say eat more lean protein and fiber it will keep you feeling full longer.
  • mizliz1981
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I eat really healthy but I am still hungry. I upped my cals to 1450 so that I wouldn't throw in the towel. I also work out a good amount and run after 2 kids when I am not at work. Someone once said to chant "hunger is good" but I don't think it really works.
  • sblades
    sblades Posts: 75
    Options
    I'd suggest a little more fat (just based on today) - helps you feel full longer. Examples, nut butters like almond, and possibly a 2% yogurt instead of fat free.
    And, herbal tea or water till you're not hungry any more is a trick i use. :)
  • mizliz1981
    Options
    I also think you need more protien
  • veggiegirl314
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the tips. I will work on getting more protein in my diet. It's hard! I'm not a vegetarian anymore, but I don't eat a lot of meat, so it's hard.

About to make some tea now; hope this helps!
  • Grungerat
    Options
    For dinner, I fill up on whole grain pasta... it does a decent job of satiating me, and most of the time I don't need to eat before bed! Otherwise, I'm the same as you.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    i'm starting to sound like i have stock in the bean industry, but i find that nothing fills me up like beans! i'd try to eat more of those little guys. :)
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Egg whites! Lots of protein, no fat, carbs or sugar!!!
  • Nazbuster
    Options
    If you are working out and building muscle, it is imperatI've you increase your protein quite a bit to allow muscles to rebuild. Reduce carbs and increase protein, minimizing fat while you do so. You won't be hungry and the fat will disappear. Weight might not change much, but you'll like what you see in the mirror. I'm on 1750 cals a day and not at all hungry.
  • veggiegirl314
    Options
    Great ideas, everyone! Thank you thank you thank you!!
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    swap the bread for more protein and fibous veggies. That'll keep ya fuller longer. Plus for me I know bread is a nono food for me, gets me crazy hungry if I eat it. Pay attention to how your body feels when you eat different foods, you may discover a pattern.
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Do you do dairy? Like everyone else I noticed your protein is definitely on the low side. Greek yogurts have 14 g or so of protein, that's been the easiest way for me to boost my intake. Cheese sticks, too. Nuts and seeds are good for fats, too, if you're looking for an intake of that :)
  • JAMILYNNW1
    Options
    I only recently joined myself, but I have in the past followed the Curves diet and the one thing I learned there is to make sure you are fitting in ALL your WATER. Believe it or not it will help you feel full more often. I also looked at your diary and noticed that you could use your snacks between breakfast and lunch and then also between lunch and dinner. This way you should be eating smaller portions but more often thru out the day. Also, like the other ladies said, more protien will help too. Keep strong your doing great. :)
  • veggiegirl314
    Options
    Great suggestions, all! Keep em coming! :)

I LOVE greek yogurt (had some for breakfast this morning!). I will work on eating more nuts, too.

I have noticed that every time I have a sweet potato for dinner, I'm really hungry afterwards. Could it be the sugars/carbs in the sweet potato that's causing my blood sugar to spike (thus making me hungry)?
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Great suggestions, all! Keep em coming! :)

I LOVE greek yogurt (had some for breakfast this morning!). I will work on eating more nuts, too.

I have noticed that every time I have a sweet potato for dinner, I'm really hungry afterwards. Could it be the sugars/carbs in the sweet potato that's causing my blood sugar to spike (thus making me hungry)?

Yes ma'am.