Anyone else having trouble forgiving yourself after a binge?

Options
So everyone says a binge is ok every once in a while, all you have to do is just start fresh the next day. But I have so much trouble forgiving myself the next day. I just feel like if I have a 1500 calorie binge then I am undoing 2 to 3 days of work. How do I forgive myself after that and just start fresh the next day? It feels impossible. Any advice on this would be great!

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    realize that dwelling on the past does nothing to help the present or future. learn from your mistake, try to pinpoint the cause of the binge to prevent another. other than that forgive yourself and continue forward

easier said than done i realize, but its truth
  • daphnec1994
    daphnec1994 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I just tell myself that I have no other choice then to just continue working hard on eating right because the only other option is being back where I started. I have accepted the fact that I will binge once in a while and its not gonna stop, at least for a long time. So just accept it happened and try not to beat yourself up about it. I hope this was helpful
  • Fat2_Fit
    Fat2_Fit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    YES! I can not just forgive and move on and it's a HUGE problem. It's the reason i'm STUCK at the same weight for years. I know this and continue to do it! If I binge I "get rid of it" or I have to restrict the next day. Guess what, both of those things make me binge again! Dumb.
  • Lifts4IceCream
    Lifts4IceCream Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have actually never felt that way. I see them as necessary, i pretty much do that 1x a week, and its a meal. Typically something really calorie dense for dinner and then a calorie dense dessert. But afterwards, I'm painfully full. I know that's probably a little over board. But hey, that's life, and you cannot dwell on the minor things. You are looking at it in the short term, but if you are serious a change, and it has become a lifestyle, then don't worry about the couple DAYS it may set you back. Keep your eyes on the next 5 YEARS.
  • daphnec1994
    daphnec1994 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have actually never felt that way. I see them as necessary, i pretty much do that 1x a week, and its a meal. Typically something really calorie dense for dinner and then a calorie dense dessert. But afterwards, I'm painfully full. I know that's probably a little over board. But hey, that's life, and you cannot dwell on the minor things. You are looking at it in the short term, but if you are serious a change, and it has become a lifestyle, then don't worry about the couple DAYS it may set you back. Keep your eyes on the next 5 YEARS.

I wouldn't really qualify that as a binge, what we are talking about is a bit more serious then that.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I would say a cheat meal wouldn't be so bad, I don't know if i would go on a "binge". Cheat meals are awesome and I never regret even a little bit.