Over 100 pound loss loose skin ?

Options

Replies

• CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Not personally, but my friend has lost and kept off more than 100lbs for over a year. She is getting a consult for a tummy tuck. She has had 2 c-sections, her apendix removed, and an entire ab muscle removed due to a tumour so there is no chance of muscles bouncing things back for her. She describes it as having a skirt of skin around her mid section. In the summer she has to worry about irritation and rashes in the skin folds. The folds really show when she wears things like dresses and light-weight fabrics.
    From my perspective, her arms look saggy too and still havent bounced back so I think there is a good chance that you will encounter some saggy loose skin by the end.

She looks terrific because she is at a healthy size, but it is evident that she has lost a lot of weight and it wasnt kind to her.

Edited to say: We are both in our early 30's. Being younger doesnt guaruntee your skin will bounce back.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Beka! And congrats on your weight loss! Way to go! Keep up the good work!
  • mom2my4boys
    mom2my4boys Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've lost 96lbs in 13 months and im a 32yr old mother of 4. (Which includes a huge twins and 3c-sections) I started at 275lbs. I have a little loose skin on my arms and thighs, my belly still has a good solid 40lbs of fat on it. As someone else said, dont use that fear against yourself. I feel a million times better, loose skin and all! Good luck to you :)
  • stephiejean37
    stephiejean37 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have about 150 pounds to lose and loose skin is also a concern of mine. To address my loose skin concern, I'm drinking lots of water and strength training 6 days/week.

I also have a concern about stretch marks. I haven't lost enough weight (yet) to have loose skin or stretch marks. From what I understand, stretch marks appear once you lose a lot of weight. I'm battling stretch marks by applying cocoa butter lotion to my gut and love handles.

Is anyone else concerned about stretch marks?

Well I am a mom of 2 and already am covered in stretch marks, so they aren't a worry of mine! :/
  • stephiejean37
    stephiejean37 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i lost 100 and have not so much loose skin but water balloonish skin/fat? on my belly. I have considered surgery, but in the end its not for me, for the most part i can disguise it with clothing, it doesn't really hinder me doing things and it seems like a drastic surgery and any time i can avoid the risk of surgery i think i will.

don't let the fear of having loose skin be an excuse to stay fat. get healthy, lose the weight, and face that problem when and if you need to.

Oh no like I said I am just curious, I am going to lose this weight one way or another :) Loose skin wont bother me!
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    We started at almost the same weight. I've lost almost 80 and the places I notice my skin really "sagging" are my arms and upper thighs. Truthfully, I am working my *kitten* off in the gym to try to tighten these areas, but I still have a long way to go...so. Interested in seeing other people's feedback.

Yeah I am almost to 100 and I am in the SAME boat!! Got a trainer working with me but the flab and skin... *shaking my head* Its horrible!! If I could I would flap my arms and fly!! OMG but the muscles are fighting and trying to get through!! Hmpft...in time and with 50 or so more pounds to go I'll let ya know!!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all of you for being so honest with your journeys and incredible weight losses.
  • Ready4thanewme
    Ready4thanewme Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Well I've lost 101 fairly quickly, since January and I still have about 120 to get to goal so I'm starting to get really vigilant with trying supplements to help but so far ivy skin is really not as bad as I thought. Idk if its due to going backwards on my elliptical but my legs and thighs are tight and my butt has lifted. My stomach appears to be lifting up and inwards. I must admit though I'm doing ALOT. It overwhelms me at times just thinking about the skin regimen I've created. It involves among other things daily body brushing, msm soaps,supplements, lotions, creams, rosehip oil, whole body vibration, beef gelatin and vit C. Honestly it's too much lol. But. My arms sides tummy back and legs are looking pretty good.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 100lbs and had a baby along the way too. Strength training has by far had the biggest impact on my loose skin. I don't really have any on my arms, a little on the tops of my thighs and I have a small w shaped crease at the bottom of my tummy - but that is even going with time and lifting. I'm not sure it will ever go completely, but I can hide it in my underwear and no one can see it! For me, focusing on reducing my body fat % and lifting heavy has been the way to go
  • chilly1470
    chilly1470 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    what loose skin i have can be covered with clothes (upper arm and upper thigh). I take some loose skin over 432lbs of mess... Congrats on your progress so far.

I'm with this guy. I will live with it if I have it, better than weighing 400. I know it is not as much of a concern for men, but still.
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm 37, so definitely age difference. I have lost 86 lbs and have loose skin on my upper thighs and my arms (bat wings) - tummy is starting to get "wrinkly" too - but I've had 2 children as well, so that could be why the tummy is looking wrinkly. They say what doesn't go back after 2 years will not go back. I also strength train and drink water water water. Good luck - one thing you have on your side is age :)
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Well when I was 22-24, I lost 120 lbs and I didn't have any loose skin.

Currently, I've lost about 60-65 lbs and I'm thinking besides a few light stretch marks, I'm not looking too shabby.

I also eat fairly healthy, don't smoke, don't drink much alcohol, drink a lot of water, and moisturize regularity.

I do have a pic, but I'm terrified to post my naked stomach all over the net lol
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    32, had 3 kids, lost 92-ish pounds. Loose skin, yep, I got it. A little under my arms and a little in my thighs. I have a ton of loose skin on my tummy. I will have loose skin, I hated the fact for a long while but have gotten over it. Seriously, I have so much I want to do with my body and I will not let fear or weight hold me back any longer. I have always been overweight, even as a teenager, so my skin will probably never bounce back, as I am at my lowest weight right now and have loose skin. I still have another 38lbs to go too. Can it happen? Yes. Can you not have issues with it? Yes. Only way to know, is to lose that weight and see. Everyone is different.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options

Currently, I've lost about 60-65 lbs and I'm thinking besides a few light stretch marks, I'm not looking too shabby.

I also eat fairly healthy, don't smoke, don't drink much alcohol, drink a lot of water, and moisturize regularity.

I do have a pic, but I'm terrified to post my naked stomach all over the net lol

Way to go! I need to take some pics so I have some before and after of what my skin and body look like. There's no hiding my big ol' bat wings. They're definitely out there. I was telling some of my friends on Monday, I can't wait to wear a bikini and not look horrible in it with my skin hanging out everywhere. Right now, the only place I'll wear it is at my parents pool, because well, obviously, no one can see me there. The stretch marks don't bother me, because like many have mentioned, I'm a momma. Those marks are a joy. Unfortunately, I *do* smoke, and I desperately need to stop. That's my one horrible addiction, and I've got to quit. I'd like to end out 2014/begin 2015 smoke free.
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options

Way to go! I need to take some pics so I have some before and after of what my skin and body look like. There's no hiding my big ol' bat wings. They're definitely out there. I was telling some of my friends on Monday, I can't wait to wear a bikini and not look horrible in it with my skin hanging out everywhere. Right now, the only place I'll wear it is at my parents pool, because well, obviously, no one can see me there. The stretch marks don't bother me, because like many have mentioned, I'm a momma. Those marks are a joy. Unfortunately, I *do* smoke, and I desperately need to stop. That's my one horrible addiction, and I've got to quit. I'd like to end out 2014/begin 2015 smoke free.

• jgood21
    jgood21 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights really helps with skin. My arms were so huge, but weights definitely got rid of my fat and built muscle to fill in the skin. I have a lot of loose skin around my tummy and upper thighs that doesn't seem like it's going to get any better, but it's nothing I can't cover with clothes. I've considered surgery as well, but I figured that my skin and stretch marks can serve as reminder of where I have been and why I don't ever want to go back there. I'm learning to be proud of my body instead of horrified...it takes time :)
  • JVClubs
    JVClubs Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i was at 562 in feb of 2013.
    im 377 as of august 1st this year.
    im 6'5'.

my excess skin is all around my gut, but its still too early say how much ill have, or if ill need to eventually chop it off later (LOL)

ive thought of this question more then once, i can only guestimate...maybe 30lbs for someone as big as me

dont worry about it too much, i doubt it will be a hundred lbs, just continue making progress. tighten ur arms (especially triceps) and drink alot of water.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    i started at 370 pounds.. i am now 166. 135 is my goal.. i do not have the lose skin. its my fear i will get it with the last 31 pounds but its not going to stop me.. my pics are in my profile. i dont know how to post pics here. so 204 pounds released. i need to tone more, but i dont have a apron of skin. people ask me how i have manage to release 204 pounds and no hanging skin.. the only thing i say is grace of God, genetics, and i used weights. not heavy but dumbbells and did strength training.. i also body brushed.

congrats to all of you on your amazing accomplishments
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I've lost 92 pounds, and I definitely have loose skin. I have it on my arms, my thighs, and my stomach. I have the standard apron, as well as a bunch of skin that hangs over my belly button now. I'm saving for surgery.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I worry about my arms but I will build as much muscle there as possible to help fill in space to reduce some excess skin. My tummy is eh I hold no hopes or desires to wear bikinis therefore as long as I don't get infections(which can happen with a fatty belly too) I'll be fine with loose skin there. Legs may bother me a bit but again I don't think I would ever plan to start wearing shortie shorts or anything in my mid to late 30s. LOL As it is I wear board shorts over my swimsuit and like it that way other than the fact mine are now too big and fall off when I swim. LOL ;)

I fear all and any surgery so I doubt I'd go
    that route. I'd be just as self conscious of scars on arms as I would the fat so either way I'll be learning to love myself even with the skin. I don't see me ever electing for surgery. There would have to be a good medical reason.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!