new to chaffing (rubbing of inner thighs)

Options
so i used to be 230 pounds and now im 165 pounds. im 5'2''. it used to be that my legs were so big that they did not rub much, honestly the only way i can discibe it is that they like suction cupped together so there was never much rubbing. but now that i have lost so much weight and most of it is from my legs and *kitten*, so now i have extra flabby skin and enough space between my legs that they chafe. so my question is "what should i do?" i walk ever night and i wear shorts. im hurting by the end on the walk. i cant afford to get some special gels or whatever they make for it now. is there anything else i can do?

Replies

• marquishagetaka
    Options
    Gold Bond Medicated Powder
  • k1ttyk1tty
    k1ttyk1tty Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Baby powder, corn starch or wearing your pants up higher so that the fabric covers the skin rubbing together.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    They sell a chafing stick/balm at running stores as chafing is a common issue for runners. I think it costs around $10
  • nlcs_nickyv32
    Options
    Compression shorts/pants. Since I started wearing them I haven't had a problem with chaffing.
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    maybe some good underarmour underware that are the boxer briefs ? along with the powder. should at least help.
  • Petrusilly
    Petrusilly Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Don't wear shorts. Capris or leggings will work just fine... a stretchy fabric, not cotton would be best.
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    http://www.runguards.com/

Even if you don't run, RunGuard does wonders.
  • MRuwe
    MRuwe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've dealt with thigh rubbing pretty much all my life. I wear fitness shorts under my regular shorts or wear fitness capris. I even wear these types of shorts under skirts instead of underwear as I cannot stand thigh chaffing throughout the day.
  • sloseph
    sloseph Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    i really easy and cheap solution in deodorant, i don't really know how/why it works but spray a bit of deodorant around the area that chafes before you go out and it seems to fix it :)
  • crazygoog
    crazygoog Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I wear the non-padded cycling shorts - done wonders for me as I have the same problem.
  • doesthisappmakemelookfat
    Options
    I have to be very careful what kind of shorts I wear so they don't ride up. trial and error there., and wear yoga pants or capris to walk.
  • BadassSavageVix
    BadassSavageVix Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Good old chub rub. I suffer from it whenever I wear skirts or short shorts. I don't like using baby powder or any other powder as once it starts to get damp from the sweat it turns into sandpaper! Leggings and capri pants are good but if you want to continue wearing shorts some times pantyhose can help.
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I use Body Glide and/or compression shorts (just above the knee, not the shorties)
  • RollTideLisa
    Options
    Hi, Gold bond has a chaffing stick that I use. And like some others have mentioned a biker type short is great. Good luck!
  • vrb9181
    vrb9181 Posts: 3
    Options
    I've had this same issue for years and used bike shorts, deodorants, and what not. These honestly were a pain to me, making sure I always had deodorant on hand or wearing bike shorts with all it's extra layering. However, after doing a little research I cam across Bandelettes and I have to say they are absolutely wonder. Bandelettes have kept me from chafing between my inner thighs and I absolutely love them. You should definitely check them out, www.bandelettes.com
  • badbcatha05
    badbcatha05 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I use the gold bond anti chafing stick-- works great on my arms and my feet, not so much on my thighs--- it works fine for a short time while I'm running, but it doesn't seem to have the staying power for that spot. So for me, compression shorts it is.
  • bestmomtr
    bestmomtr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My daughter agrees, it is like magic.
  • CarynMacD
    CarynMacD Posts: 230
    Options
    Don't wear shorts. Capris or leggings will work just fine... a stretchy fabric, not cotton would be best.

^^^ This^^^
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    If you have any silicone/dimethicone heavy products on hand, use that. You could even purchase the face powder from E.L.F. cosmetics at Target for what, $1-3? It comes in a big jar and is just silicone, really. Or if you have MUFE HD powder, same thing. That's usually the magic ingredient in anti-chaffing products anyway. I'm sure you have something on hand in your cosmetics/bath bin that is silicone/dimethicone heavy (one of the first listed ingredients are silicones of some sort)
  • mlwestlake
    mlwestlake Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Somehow, I thought i was the only one experiencing chafing. I didn't even know that it was called "chub rub" ...(mildly offensive). I just ordered the Bandelettes and I'm so pumped. I had a "why didn't i think of that" moment just now. Now i can wear dresses.....!