Options
    Strong info. :drinker:
  • dottydawn73
    Options
    Bump
  • GraceCamD
    GraceCamD Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Ummm....I don't care how skinny you get how much weight you lose or how many sit-ups, training you do, how much self discipline, self will you have, if you have had babies, especially 2-3+ there's no way you will have a ripped stomach EVER AGAIN, although it can be IMPROVED WITH EXERCISE AND MOSTLY IMPROVED BY SURGRY. There will always be that extra skin from STRETCHING.....but for me I am PROUD AND OF MY STRETCH MARKS those are my BATTLE SCARS and I would not have my BEAUTIFUL SONS WITHOUT THEM :)
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Bump, cause I want to promote the awesomeness of this thread.
  • DeeJayShank
    DeeJayShank Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    This post is the jam and 100% correct.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Ummm....I don't care how skinny you get how much weight you lose or how many sit-ups, training you do, how much self discipline, self will you have, if you have had babies, especially 2-3+ there's no way you will have a ripped stomach EVER AGAIN, although it can be IMPROVED WITH EXERCISE AND MOSTLY IMPROVED BY SURGRY. There will always be that extra skin from STRETCHING.....but for me I am PROUD AND OF MY STRETCH MARKS those are my BATTLE SCARS and I would not have my BEAUTIFUL SONS WITHOUT THEM :)

This is about losing belly fat. Sure loose skin can be a problem for some people, but this thread is about losing the fat.

I have two kids, while I was obese. Max weight while pregnant was 265 pounds. I have stretch marks and loose skin.
    Here's my story: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/971636-my-story-of-sweet-revenge-pics
    Here's a blog about my strech marks and loose skin: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/usmcmp/view/cellulite-stretch-marks-and-loose-skin-685055
  • mizzzc
    mizzzc Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    bump for the OP and the link to stretchy skin ;)
  • mmarino312
    mmarino312 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I needed this post! I've been doing so much cardio hoping the fat would just come off! I think maybe I need to get my boyfriend (whos a football player at Princeton) to show me the ropes when it comes to strength training! And maybe a little more patience on my part will help as well!

Thank you :smile:
  • triciah48
    triciah48 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • hippiechic2
    hippiechic2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

This is not true for everyone! I had my tightest ripped stomach right after I had my 3rd you can see how flat my stomach was in the second pic of me on my profile the baby was just 4 weeks old. You can't see my bare stomach but I had muscle definition and it was very noticeable. I never get stretch marks from a baby bump and my skin goes back tight. Now why am I here now?? because AFTER birth over two years I gained because I stopped eating right and working out and I want to get back to were I feel good.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Saving this
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder!! I've learned and committed to all of this, but grow impatient and am tempted to mix things up, create a bigger calorie deficit, drop carbs, etc.

Love this post!! Practicing patience....
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    It's all true, OP - at least for me anyway... :drinker:
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder!! I've learned and committed to all of this, but grow impatient and am tempted to mix things up, create a bigger calorie deficit, drop carbs, etc.

Well if you don't mind my saying, you've done a LOT right! Great job, awesome profile pic :smile:
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options

Well if you don't mind my saying, you've done a LOT right! Great job, awesome profile pic :smile:
    Thank you!! Very sweet of you!! :flowerforyou:
  • salem9348
    Options
    bump
  • luna323
    luna323 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    great info! i definitely need to add more cardio in my workouts and practice patience for sure! thanks for this little post :)