Breakfast

Options
Hi everyone on MFP,

Please can you suggest some low calorie breakfast options ? When at work I usually have porridge and a peach slices up and put in. I'm a little bored of this now though. I only have a microwave as a cooking method.

Thank you all very much, I appreciated the responses and time you have taken to reply to me.

Amanda

Replies

• aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Greek youghart and fruit?
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Perhaps just vary your porridge combo ? Myself I can eat the same thing week in week out for breakfast, but can understand the need for variety. Things like peanut butter, blueberries, grated apple, cinnamon, flaked almonds, ground seeds, and even banana make nice additions, but there's a million things out there to add to porridge if you don't want to drop the porridge habit :)

What I eat at the moment is simply yoghurt, berries, nuts and seeds. Its easy to prepare the night before, leave it in the fridge, and then add the nuts and seeds in the morning. Porridge never used to fill me for more than 2/ 2.5 hours, so the presence of some fat and protein in my breakfast in the form of nuts and seeds I find very filling :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i have seeds and chocolate drops in my porridge, yum!
  • activeinmysixties
    activeinmysixties Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Low calorie breakfast may not be in your best interest. Porridge has a lot of carbs. - You may want to consider Greek yoghurt with some nuts and seeds and a 1/4 cup of berries. Incidentally my breakfast this am was a cup of greek yoghurt, half cup blueberries, and half cup of walnuts ...
  • Amanda045
    Options
    Thank you for all the advice and guidance :) i will try all suggestions!
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal and a side of yogurt, but I am hungry very soon afterwards. Now I have 3egg whites and a sautéed tomato. Fruit, maybe an English muffin.
    Busy days it's a pure protein bar. These actually keep me full longer.
  • hannahweightloss18
    Options
    You could make scrambled eggs in the microwave as well as oatmeal.