Dr OZ Garcinia Cambogia

Options

Replies

• So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Think about it - if that, or any other of the millions of weight loss pills out there actually worked, no one would be fat!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Wow 5 lbs in a month!?

I hope that was mostly metal, because if it was paper... damn. you must be broke!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz has a new scam every single episode. Don't you think if any of them worked he wouldn't need a new one every week?
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    There are so many weight loss supplements out there. Its hard to pick one that you know will work for you.

Best supplement I've found is eating fewer calories than you use. Works great for me and others.
  • W31RD0
    W31RD0 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Has anybody tried the Dr OZ holy grail of weight loss pill ? Garcinia Cambogia I have been taking it for the last month and I have lost about 5lbs. I cant say weather this pill has helped or not. There are so many weight loss supplements out there. Its hard to pick one that you know will work for you.

Are we getting trolled?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Has anybody tried the Dr OZ holy grail of weight loss pill ? Garcinia Cambogia I have been taking it for the last month and I have lost about 5lbs. I cant say weather this pill has helped or not. There are so many weight loss supplements out there. Its hard to pick one that you know will work for you.

Are we getting trolled?
    don't really think so. I have a feeling that the OP changed his diet, happened to start taking GC.. and is attributing his success to some pill instead of himself.
  • samanthahobson
    Options
    Have you heard of the placebo effect? *Saw that on The Big Bang Theory last night. I've tried it in the past and still ate way too much. I'm on my last bottle and figured I'd give it another try since I paid for it, but the difference is that now my mindset is a little different and they seem to be working.... Or are they? I can't say, but I don't believe Dr. Oz is credible at all. Sad to say.
  • marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options

Are we getting trolled?

I hope so. It scares me when people are so uneducated and desperate for a simple solution that they take pills
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options

Are we getting trolled?

I hope so. It scares me when people are so uneducated and desperate for a simple solution that they take pills
    I don't think that's very fair to say. I was very uneducated and desperate when I first began my journey. I think most people are. We become our own science experiment. When something doesn't work we research it, and we learn something new. It's a learning process for everyone.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    If you think "miracle" diet pills work then please send me $5000 in cash and I'll send you a check for $25,000. It's a win win. You're thin from the "miracle" pill and your rich from a wise investment with a guy on the internet. My address is below.

Eric
    Nigeria
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Are we getting trolled?

I don't think that's very fair to say. I was very uneducated and desperate when I first began my journey. I think most people are. We become our own science experiment. When something doesn't work we research it, and we learn something new. It's a learning process for everyone.

What pills did you take before you researched? Just curious.
  • W31RD0
    W31RD0 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

Are we getting trolled?

I agree. And people wonder why I avoid any pills that arn't just extracts of stuff in food.

I think the uneducated part is the real problem. That pill could be anything, ANYTHING. There really isn't much regulation on supplements. Yes, maybe it does work a little because it is thermogenic, but you could also squat your self a pound of muscle and you would passively burn more fat.

And in the day and age where we have google at our finger tips, there isn't any excuse for listening to quacks on day-time tv.
  • NowIsMyTime2013
    NowIsMyTime2013 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Tonylecond, I can throw no stones about considering Dr. Oz’s holy grail, Garcinia Cambogia. I searched years for the magic help. I tried to be smart about it, but many times I was just desperate. I was scared that I would fail at weight lose and be even more miserable because of it. I needed a crutch--something I could blame the failure on. I bought a lot of stupid things that didn't work. Finally, I found a pill that worked and lost 90 pounds. Fast forward through 7 years of being the right size without any pills. Life as I knew it suddenly changed--hard and fast. I turned back to my comfort foods and just didn't care. Oh, I made an attempt to do something last year when I joined up here. But, it didn't seem worth it. So, I gained more weight, instead. Recently, it hit me that I had better start caring again. It's been 5 years since my bad attitude started. I've gained 66 pounds. I'm miserable. But, this time I am smarter. After spending time listening to Dr. Oz and a few others who swore they had the answers, I decided to examine what I did way back when. I found it wasn't pills that did the work. It was me. I had changed my eating habits. I had made sure to work out 3 times a week at the gym. I had walked everyday. I had figured out how to have quick, healthy meals on hand since I didn't have time or desire to be a cook. I had stopped drinking all the bad stuff (Oh, I love my Pepsi) and stuck with water, coffee, and teas.

Now, at age 62, I am back at doing those smart things, again. But, instead of buying supplements or drinking Pepsi or eating at restaurants, I have invested in a Total Gym--which I love. (This purchase was right for me. I am NOT suggesting anyone buy exercise equipment.) I have found healthy (organic, GMO free) frozen dinners to have on hand for those times I don’t want to cook. I have created a couple of quick, healthy recipes using foods I love. I live as if I were at the weight I want to be, and I am going about my normal activities without thinking that this is just a temporary way of doing things. The only concession I make to "me being on a diet to lose weight and keep it off" is logging my calories. If I am not aware of how much I am putting in my mouth, I am never going to get back to where I'm supposed to be. I am never going to be able to maintain a good weight. The difference now is I know I’m in control; the food isn’t. (Down ten pounds so far!)

If I could only put that “mindset” in pill form, I would put Dr. Oz out of business! :smile:
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    One common denominator that virtually all dietary supplements or pills suggest is to take the pills in line with a healthy diet and exercise plan. Would suggest to the OP to continue with the course of eating right and moving more. No pill or supplement alone has ever worked for me.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    No, save your money. Google some actual research (not magazines or websites) and you'll see that research has found it to be ineffective in human studies. There was a study done on rats that indicated it does but the rats in that study experienced some testicular dysfunction as a result as well. Rats and human physiology is still different enough to were positive results on rats don't necessarily transfer over.

Here's one for you.

Does Glycine max leaves or Garcinia Cambogia promote weight-loss or lower plasma cholesterol in overweight individuals: a randomized control trial.
    Nutrition Journal [Nutr J] 2011 Sep 21; Vol. 10, pp. 94. Date of Electronic Publication: 2011 Sep 21.

Results: EGML and GCE (Garcinia Cambogia) supplementation failed to promote weight-loss or any clinically significant change in %body fat. The EGML group had lower total cholesterol after 10 weeks compared to the placebo group (p < 0.05). EGML and GCE had no effect on triglycerides, non-HDL-C, adipocytokines or antioxidants when compared to placebo supplementation. However, HDL-C was higher in the EGML group (p < 0.001) after 10 weeks compared to the placebo group.
    Conclusions: Ten weeks of EGML or GCE supplementation did not promote weight-loss or lower total cholesterol in overweight individuals consuming their habitual diet. Although, EGML did increase plasma HDL-C levels which is associated with a lower risk of atherosclerosis.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    Pick none of them :wink:
  • cgvoabc
    cgvoabc Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I tried the pills for about a month. In that month I dropped about 15 pounds.

Did the pills help me lose weight? I don't think so.

Did they help curb my appetite? Absolutely!

Was it possibly a placebo effect? Possibly.

But if spending an extra $25 dollars on pills that I thought would help suppress my appetite helped me stay on track to losing weight; is that so bad? Nope.

I only took them when I did to help me adjust during the first few weeks of my diet change.
  • 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Have been eating them for weeks as well as green tea extract. Not losing anything. Too cheap to stop. Save your money.
  • LanceDuvall
    LanceDuvall Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    great reply!!!! it's a shame he was a respected doctor at one time......I have lost all respect for the man and will not spend 30 seconds ever listening to him again......
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    great reply!!!! it's a shame he was a respected doctor at one time......I have lost all respect for the man and will not spend 30 seconds ever listening to him again......

That's an even better reply.