egg yolk- what to use them for?

Options
Hello!
After a while, I got the one of very helpfull answers: egg white contains protein and no fat.

My question is, if I would use egg-yold deprivation for a while, what is the most usefull way to use the egg yolks then? I think, it is a pity to throw them away, isn't it?

Many thanks for all good suggestion!

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Throw them away, or, use them in an egg salad mix.

Or you can also buy cartons of egg whites for simplicity and ease sake.
  • pilvi3
    pilvi3 Posts: 200
    Options
    Sry for stupid q, but are there some animals that would it that? (probably not the right forum for that, but I am just curious!)
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Are you not eating the yolk because of the saturated fats?

The yolk has the majority of the nutrient contents in an egg.
  • pilvi3
    Options
    Dont panic, I will surelly not turn to axstarving nun;)wife
  • martyqueen52
    Options
    Sry for stupid q, but are there some animals that would it that? (probably not the right forum for that, but I am just curious!)

Animal that would it that? Do you mean eat????

I only feed my two German Shepherds high protein, wheat free food due to allergens and not knowing what really is int he food they sell at stores. My local Wal-Mart keeps the dog food beside the rat poison...... *kitten* that.

I'm an advocate of NOT feeding animals people food. It causes bad tendencies and habits.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Egg yolks are the base of custard, mayonnaise and home made ice cream. However, if you're separating them out to eat the whites then chances are you wont be eating too much of those things!

You can buy cartons of egg whites. A British company I use states that the yolks are passed onto other food manufactures for use in mayonnaise, etc, and are therefore not wasted.

However (somewhat annoyingly) it's usually cheaper to buy whole eggs and throw the yolks away.
  • pilvi3
    Options
    I will just be a little bit more carefull till I get rid of fat pads on wrong places...that is all...and try carefully to replace the nutrients using other sources...
  • martyqueen52
    Options
    I will just be a little bit more careful till I get rid of fat pads on wrong places...that is all...

You don't need to be "careful".... just don't go over your daily caloric intake.

Fat loss comes from a CALORIC DEFICIT. Not avoiding chocolate, cookies, ice-cream, whole eggs, etc.

But eating egg whites is perfectly fine. I do the same. I prefer eating a TON of low cal.... very filling foods because I'm a bottomless pit.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options

I'm an advocate of NOT feeding animals people food. It causes bad tendencies and habits.

Eggs are not 'people food', it just happens that they are nutritious for humans. It is therefore likely that they are nutritious to other animals.

Dogs, cats, rats, badgers, foxes, hedgehogs, etc. will all steal and eat chicken eggs given the chance.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I will just be a little bit more careful till I get rid of fat pads on wrong places...that is all...

You don't need to be "careful".... just don't go over your daily caloric intake.

Fat loss comes from a CALORIC DEFICIT. Not avoiding chocolate, cookies, ice-cream, whole eggs, etc.

But eating egg whites is perfectly fine. I do the same. I prefer eating a TON of low cal.... very filling foods because I'm a bottomless pit.

You also got the vein down the bicep that I want so bad. You also have a lot of muscle so your calories needs are way higher than the average person at your weight. I will not stop losing fat till I see it.
  • martyqueen52
    Options

Eggs are not 'people food', it just happens that they are nutritious for humans. It is therefore likely that they are nutritious to other animals.

Dogs, cats, rats, badgers, foxes, hedgehogs, etc. will all steal and eat chicken eggs given the chance.

Are you a certified veterinarian? Are you able to make such a claim without any proof or lack of knowledge on animals and their digestive systems? I'm 100% that you are not.

Like I said, which was the just of the sentence that you missed out on completely.... It causes bad tendencies for household pets, which I'm not sure if you were aware.... have a complete different mentality than a wild animal.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I either make mayo, or hollandaise sauce, or give them to my dogs.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I buy egg whites in the carton for when I'm making a huge omelet or something. That said, I eat whole hardboiled eggs all the time. The yolk has a ton of nutrients.
  • dcristo213
    dcristo213 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It is a pity you throw them away. You should eat the whole egg. It's good for you!!!
  • changingL1sa
    changingL1sa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I make a great caesar salad dressing using the egg yolk.
  • ElliInJapan
    ElliInJapan Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    A nice solution I've found recently is french toast with the yolks only. It works very well, it'd say even better than with the whole egg. I sometimes make egg white omelets for dinner if I don't have many calories left. I keep the yolks in the fridge and over the weekend I have a great breakfast :smile:
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
  • Peloton73
    Peloton73 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Great....now I want hollandaise sauce in the worst way. Yum!

A thick slice of ripe tomato, Canadian bacon under a poached egg with a dollop of hollandaise sauce and a pinch of cayenne to round it out. Yum, yum, yummmmm.
  • pilvi3
    Options
    :smooched:
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Make creme brulee ... or any custard for that matter.