Are Quest Bars magic?

Options

Replies

• arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm not a huge protein bar lover in general so when I first tried the Quest bars I bought a bunch of singles so that I could try them. And I actually wrote down which ones I liked and didn't. Scary right? Haha. But seriously, some of them I really like and some were horrific.
    I get that some people won't like them or find them too expensive - that totally makes sense. But they help me get through the day and I've recently found my wife pilfering the chocolate brownie and cinnamon roll bars on her way out the door for work.... :-)

So, which ones were horrific ?

Thanks SinCity, I might go mad and buy a couple.

Highly personal of course, but I thought the Strawberry Cheesecake ones tasted just like vomit. Also not in love with the chocolate peanut butter. Others may love those flavors but not me.

Everyone is different - the Strawberry Cheesecake is one of my favorites along with Choc Chip Cookie Dough, Lemon Cream Pie, Choc Chunk, and Choc. Brownie.
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm not a huge protein bar lover in general so when I first tried the Quest bars I bought a bunch of singles so that I could try them. And I actually wrote down which ones I liked and didn't. Scary right? Haha. But seriously, some of them I really like and some were horrific.
    I get that some people won't like them or find them too expensive - that totally makes sense. But they help me get through the day and I've recently found my wife pilfering the chocolate brownie and cinnamon roll bars on her way out the door for work.... :-)

Highly personal of course, but I thought the Strawberry Cheesecake ones tasted just like vomit. Also not in love with the chocolate peanut butter. Others may love those flavors but not me.

Everyone is different - the Strawberry Cheesecake is one of my favorites along with Choc Chip Cookie Dough, Lemon Cream Pie, Choc Chunk, and Choc. Brownie.

Yep - that's why I bought some singles to try. You just never know... :-)
  • TecoraSkidmore
    Options
    they have sucralose that is NOT a natural sweetener...
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing everyone talking about Quest bars and I'm always tempted to find out if they really are as good as so many seem to think. But living out in the boonies, nowhere I know stocks them, And any of the other protein bars I have tried, I've not been that impressed with either the taste/texture or the calorie/carb numbers.
    I'm loathe to buy a box of 24 in case I don't like them.

They have a coupon to try them. It's two bars + free shipping. Totaled to about 3.98 for me when I used it. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what the code is anymore, but you can probably google it.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

Yep, I've seen a lot of people liking Apple Pie but I hated it.
  • jess1jane
    jess1jane Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I love how much protein they have, especially for how reasonable their calories and sugars are. I'm not one who pays attention to the ingredients list, but I know there are some words on there I can't pronounce. I made a spread sheet that calculates the best bars if you want the most protein for least amount of calories. I got double chocolate chunk, strawberry cheesecake, and chocolate peanut butter. I love every flavor I have ever tried. I eat two of these bad boys for dinner and I am full for the rest of the evening.
  • ZhaoWei76
    ZhaoWei76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I like the Quest bars... Hadn't even heard of them until a Friend here on MFP had them on her daily diary... Then I did what others mentioned, I bought one of each type and tried them to see what flavors I liked...

I like more than one kind, but my favorite, and the one I have just about every day is the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough... It's my breakfast most every morning, and sometimes a snack in the evening...

But one thing I learned is, sometimes when you buy it from the store, it's old and dry and hard... I bought some straight from Quest, and was surprised how soft and fresh they can be (I think some of my GNC's just don't move them out fast enough to have newer bars in stock - I thought they were all supposed to be super hard)...

I started them also because I needed more protein in my diet, and I find it helps in that area... They can be expensive, but I find them a helpful part of my weight loss program....
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I love my Quest bars! I use them as a snack in the morning before lunch because they tide me over pretty well.
  • Welcome2theHellmouth
    Welcome2theHellmouth Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Lemon was nasty. For me the double chocolate, cookies and cream, white chocolate rasberry and the peanut butter and jelly are to die for!!!!!!!! I buy them by the box. All the rest were just ok to me.
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    You can get two free sample bars from Quest. All I did was send them an email asking for them.
  • Missfit35
    Options
    i loooovvvvethem...:love:
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Not bad, but whole foods are better!
  • SEAFOODMAN
    SEAFOODMAN Posts: 342
    Options
    Not bad, but whole foods are better!

here we go again
  • AdventureFreak
    AdventureFreak Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    not magic at all.
  • Jayma375
    Jayma375 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Love, Love, Love my Quest Bars! I just got a shipment from Vitamin Shoppe where I ended up paying $1.88/bar. There was free shipping for any order over $25 plus my order was >$75 which got me an additional $15 off. I typically have 2 bars/day to get me to my goal of 1300 cal with >114 grams of protein. My nutritionist only recommended the bars that only used stevia as the sweetener. Typically I'm not a fan of stevia but I don't notice it in my bars. My favs are Strawberry Cheesecake, Double Chocolate and Chocolate Peanut Butter.
  • SinCityFit
    Options
    Also try your local gym. Mine sells them for $3 each. Even if you work out on your own, go inside the biggest chain gym your city has or give them a call. Worth a shot.

Microwave the chocolate brownie one for 30 seconds ....

You're welcome :D
  • arabianhorselover
    Options
    I microwave them all, but it only takes about 12 seconds.
  • rachelilly
    Options
    My box of 6 singles that I ordered showed up! You guys... double chocolate chunk!!! AMAZING. I like it loads better that chocolate chip cookie dough. I still have cinnamon bun, chocolate peanut butter, banana muffin, chocolate brownie, and cookies and cream to try. Hopefully I can hold out and only eat 1 a day. I had 2 today! :laugh:
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mkxkvhe54v1rc113po1_250.gif

^ I cannot stop laughing.
    \Me either\
  • julesg100
    julesg100 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just had the Vanilla Almond Crunch and I like this flavor a lot. I also have had Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Chocolate Peanut Butter and liked them also. Very filling and help me keep cravings in check.