Question for men Re: women in skinny jeans

Options

Replies

• brando79az
    brando79az Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I commented before reading the article. I didn't accurately understand skinny jeans. Carry on! Nothing to see here!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    My husband loves me in skinny jeans - or by his own admission, anything skintight.

More importantly though, I love myself in skinny jeans and wear them more often than bootcut ones. It's all just personal preference.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    When I wear skinny jeans, I've noticed my husband stares at my butt more, and tells me that I look sexy more often. I also notice that a few more men look at my booty. I don't really think I have a great booty, I'd give it a solid B, so I assume it's the jeans.

But, I've also really wanted a pair of skinny jeans, and couldn't really find a pair I liked until I lost a bit of weight, so I'm sure when I wear the skinnies, I look more confident, so it could be that.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I remember when I first started dating my SO and he jokingly asked me to buy jeans that weren't skinny jeans.

I was a little offended, thinking maybe he thought they didn't look good on me or something, until I was at a bar a few weeks ago with him and a bunch of his friends (it's been almost two years since the original comment) and they were all railing on skinny jeans because they're so damn hard to get off women.

So I think for many men maybe skinny jeans are just a double edged sword; our butts look so nice in them, it's just so damn hard to get to our actual butts once they want to. lmao
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I prefer regular jeans because they accentuate a woman's curves. Skinny jeans (or at least what I think are skinny jeans) are too short at the hips and detract from the curve. I am also tired of seeing butt crack.
    You're thinking low-rise, not skinny.

Skinny jeans CAN be low-rise, but they don't have to be. And non-skinny jeans can also be low-rise.

With my hip/waist ratio, I have to wear at least a mid-rise and you can still see my hip curve. Not all women have a hip curve, though.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    My *kitten* looks great in skinny jeans, so my boyfriend loves them.

But my ex boyfriend was upset when I went and got a pair because he thought they looked really stupid.

Just depends on the person, as far as I know.
  • SonyaKou
    SonyaKou Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think it depends heavily on the guy. My husband likes my butt, but he is far more interested in a shirt that shows off my cleavage. He would prefer I wear a skirt or tasteful, stylish boot cut jeans.

My ex on the other hand was all about the skin tight jeans and didn't care for my boot cut jeans.

Me personally, I like my boot cut jeans (perhaps that's why my ex is my ex.) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I had dinner out with some friends last night and one of the women wanted it to be "skinny jeans night" for all the women going. Well, I don't actually own a pair of skinny jeans, the jeans I DO have right now don't quite fit and it's August in Florida and quite frankly too hot for jeans. So I didn't wear skinny jeans, but the other two women there did.

Who the hell wears jeans in Florida in the summer? Am I the only one freaked out by this? Sounds to me like you were being practical.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    It depends entirely on the brand and how the pockets sit on my butt whether they look good or really bad. I think the key is finding a pair that fit you well. Fit is the most important thing in anything anyone wears.

I feel I have a right to answer because I spend a lot of time looking at butts.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I had dinner out with some friends last night and one of the women wanted it to be "skinny jeans night" for all the women going. Well, I don't actually own a pair of skinny jeans, the jeans I DO have right now don't quite fit and it's August in Florida and quite frankly too hot for jeans. So I didn't wear skinny jeans, but the other two women there did.

Who the hell wears jeans in Florida in the summer? Am I the only one freaked out by this? Sounds to me like you were being practical.

Everyone, actually. I'm from the Northeast and I live in sundresses in the summer here. But people here dress like it's December in the middle of August. Sweaters, jeans, boots, even coats sometimes. It's quite normal.
  • rml_16
    Options
    It depends entirely on the brand and how the pockets sit on my butt whether they look good or really bad. I think the key is finding a pair that fit you well. Fit is the most important thing in anything anyone wears.

I feel I have a right to answer because I spend a lot of time looking at butts.
    Don't you read? I said it was a question for MEN!!!

:tongue:
  • rml_16
    Options
    I realized this was FOR MEN! Sorry :-) I deleted my big ol' post but let me leave the feedback from my husband - he looooves skinny jeans on me. The end.
    Ha ha.

It's OK. I'm not picky about who answers and your answer was helpful.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I'm usually too busy staring at *kitten* to pay attention to what they're in
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I'm really not a huge fan...for the most part I think they look awkward on most women. There are only a handful of women I've seen that actually pull them off...most just look kind of awkward and kind of like a waddling duck or something....
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    As long as its not me in the skinny jeans, I don't care either way.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Skinny jeans are nice and all (well they can be) but a sundress is never a bad thing to wear!
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    i have the same opinion about skinny jeans that I do tampon brands and varieties...do what makes YOU girls comfortable.

lol

Yeah, that would have been what I figured if this guy hadn't said what he said.

I always thought men barely noticed such things (though y'all seem to share an affinity for the sundress).

A nice fitting pair of jeans are nice and all, but nothing beats a good sun dress in the summer. (Bonus points for how easy sun dresses can hit the floor. :laugh: )
  • mattack
    mattack Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Skinny Jeans are the worst idea EVER!!!!

For both men and women.
  • rml_16
    Options
    (Bonus points for how easy sun dresses can hit the floor.)

Ah ha! Mystery solved!
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Some girls look good in them and some girls don't. Most of the time I don't prefer them.