lululemon is to expensive have you found alternative?

Options
13»

Replies

• a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    People complain about that inside thigh on lululemon and the see-through-ness of the pants frequently. I'ts a crappy product he's trying to dismiss by saying the wrong body type is wearing it.

While I agree that they shouldn't blame the quality on their customers' sizes, Athleta has the same issue with SOME of their tight leggings too with the inside thigh. You have to pay attention to what each line of pant is geared toward. A lot of LuLu's stuff is meant for yoga same as Athleta, if you don't buy their running/fitness specific lines, you may see them fall apart sooner because they just weren't meant for that activity.

If you want a higher end line of pant that seem to never fall apart no matter what I do to them, check out Under Armour's Studio Line. Have never been unhappy with their products.
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    The best yoga pants I've got came from Macy's, and they couldn't have been more than $20. They've also got really cute tanks, leggings, and shorts, and there's ALWAYS something on sale, so you don't have to pay retail price. Surprisingly, the Gap also has some good workout gear, and they're even cheaper! Just got a top and running shorts from them and I'm in love!
  • changingL1sa
    changingL1sa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm in Canada and my favourite yoga pants have come from Costco. The brand is Tuff athletics, the logo is a flower. They're made in Canada too which is a bonus. I have three pairs already and always look for it when I'm at Costco. They have tops too, I just haven't tried them yet.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

what a hot mess. seriously. hot. mess.

I'm glad I never bought into their tripe anyway... seriously my Target brand pants are amazaballs- they wear like iron- and let me tell you what- there hasnt' been a day since I was 12 my thighs didn't touch. And no- i'm not fat.

eff that guy.
    . A lot of LuLu's stuff is meant for yoga same as Athleta, if you don't buy their running/fitness specific lines, you may see them fall apart sooner because they just weren't meant for that activity.

see above- not a day in the last 20+ years my thighs haven't touched... I don't run. My jeans still wear out in the the center seam after a couple years. my *kitten* and thighs would STILL eat those pants- no running involved LOL
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I would check out sports store outlets. I've gotten some relatively cheap workout gear at the Nike, Adidas, etc outlet stores.
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the posters above--I've found great workout wear at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Target. The only caveat is that the quality at Target is really hit or miss. I have a pair of Champion yoga pants from there that i LOVE so bought another pair (slightly different, but same brand, size and general cut) and they lost their shape immediately and look and feel terrible. Also, I got a really nice fuschia sports bra there and the color bled so much that I had to throw it out--it bled from sweat and ruined a couple of my shirts, even after washing it. The same thing happened with my daughter's Target swimsuit, bled all over our towels just from swimming in it. Sports bras and swimsuits should be able to handle some wetness!
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I am not left out- I have never worn lulu lemon- I refuse to pay that much money for clothes I abuse so much.

But he blatently said "some people just shouldn't' be wearing this stuff"

You don't blame someone's shape for a crappy product. My Target premium pants haven't popped a seam or shredded on the inside thigh yet- and I've had two pairs for over 4 years.

People complain about that inside thigh on lululemon and the see-through-ness of the pants frequently. I'ts a crappy product he's trying to dismiss by saying the wrong body type is wearing it.

I don't know if I can fit into their 12's I doubt it- I typically wear small-medium work out pants and 10-14 in jeans sizes.

I'd like to edit and say- I don't care that he markets only a certain size range- He's free to do so- but he is a prick because he should keep those opinions to himself, instead airing all his opinions- there was absolutely no need to be making comments about people's bodies. being "right" or not for their brand of clothing.

Seriously? lol wut? Why would someone say that about people who are trying to work out with most of them wanting to lose weight? I mean to each their own, but it doesn't seem to make much sense. If people bigger than size 12 aren't "right" for their clothing, it probably just can't hold up. Or their just being discriminatory. But whatevs. I'm a size 4 and still wouldn't wear it even though apparently, my body is "right" for it.

I went in to one of their stores when I was in San Diego last week and I lmao. I was like they have got to be joking. I would much rather be in my Nike. No way would I spend that much for work out clothes.

Go to Ross, Marshalls, Nordstrom Rack, Lady Footlocker, you can pretty much get them everywhere and the quality really isn't THAT much different from brand to brand
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options

what a hot mess. seriously. hot. mess.

I'm glad I never bought into their tripe anyway... seriously my Target brand pants are amazaballs- they wear like iron- and let me tell you what- there hasnt' been a day since I was 12 my thighs didn't touch. And no- i'm not fat.

eff that guy.
    . A lot of LuLu's stuff is meant for yoga same as Athleta, if you don't buy their running/fitness specific lines, you may see them fall apart sooner because they just weren't meant for that activity.

see above- not a day in the last 20+ years my thighs haven't touched... I don't run. My jeans still wear out in the the center seam after a couple years. my *kitten* and thighs would STILL eat those pants- no running involved LOL

"Wilson said he chose to call his company Lululemon because he thought it was funny that Japanese people couldn't pronounce the letter "L."

He told Canada's National Post Business Magazine, "It's funny to watch them try and say it,"

"He reportedly said he favors using child labor in Third World countries because it provides them with much-needed wages, Canada's The Tyee reported."

You have got to be kidding me.

WTF. Please GTFO
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I quite like the champion stuff at Target, especially their sweat pants. They are comfortable enough to wear as lounge pants too. Also anything at a sporting goods store on clearance is usually a good buy. ****'s sporting goods and Academy haven't ever let me down.

Apparently I can't write the name of that sporting goods store, but it's a mans name that is another word for a man's baby maker lol.
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I like the Target C9 brand. Its good and basic and if you can catch it on sale its even better.

+1

I have yoga pants that I've worn for 2 years with holes at the bottom because they were too long and I've worn them so much. Honestly, I don't even care! I still wear them everywhere, along with the champions tops.