Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How to improve digestion?

Hello!
Please, do U know any cute natural healthy ways to improve digestion and empty bowels then:

fibers
sport / excercise
coffee
water /liquids

Many thanks!!!

Replies

• GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    I find that having a good macro balance helps calm any digestive issues I have
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    Ginger

probiotocs

chew food thoroughly
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Hello!
    Please, do U know any cute natural healthy ways to improve digestion and empty bowels then:

fibers
    sport / excercise
    coffee
    water /liquids

Many thanks!!!
    cute???
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    - Good, balanced nutrition

- probiotics from things like yogurt and non-pasteurized fermented foods (i.e. I make my own kraut)...if it's pasteurized though, all of those probiotics get cooked out.
  • SergeantNarwhal
    SergeantNarwhal Posts: 116 Member
    -balanced macros
    -8+ cups of water per day (good filtered water)
    -FLORA - fermented foods like kimchee, yogurt and kombucha
    -acidophilus - invest in the good refrigerated kind, make sure it has several billion live cultures
    -warm water with half a lemon in the morn
    -greens and foods high in chlorophyll, like spirulina, kale, spinach and leafy veg
  • NotJustADieter
    NotJustADieter Posts: 229 Member
    I mean, I take a natural fiber supplement 3x a day because I have IBS... but if you're not pooping enough, take a probiotic, drink more water and eat more fiber. Nothing more to it but that. Sorry if you don't like the answers.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Plenty of raw fruit and veg, I have the opposite problem and have been told to cook and peel my veg more when it's bad.

Also, prunes.
  • pilvi3
    pilvi3 Posts: 200
    Hello!
    Ginger in what form?
    What is the effect: slight or powerfull?
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Cute and natural? Have you tried Activia yogurt? Supposedly it's supposed to help with digestion
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    I'm cute but I can't empty your bowels for you. Sorry.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    I like to give my intestines compliments throughout the day.
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    I'm cute but I can't empty your bowels for you. Sorry.
    lol
  • pilvi3
    I did but the result was not too amasing..and activia is quite expensive...it does not mean I abandoed the idea to try it too..I do ith wehn I can...
  • pilvi3
    Thanks for useful answer and keeping to the topic...
  • pilvi3
    O, sorry...U thought U should???
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    I like to give my intestines compliments throughout the day.

"Wow small intestine, you really took care of that pasta today with minimal bloating. Thank you for that!"
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    probiotics?
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    It is a toss up between probiotics and the compliments. Be kind to your colon and it will do its job. And please, do not consume SUper Colon Blow without a doctor's note. That is all.
  • 2 table spoons of chia seeds stired or shaken in water. add a liitle juice for flavor, drink everday, it will take a little time to get started but once you commit, you will be "relieved"
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    If your diary is accurate you are not consistently getting enough fiber. You should also double check the amount of fiber in an apple. 6 per apple sounds high unless you are eating the core.

Also try and eat it throughout the day. I have had stomach issues when I eat too much at once or yo-yo a lot day to day.

Fiber one chewy granola bars and Luna Fiber bars are petty good, Fiber One's chocolate cereal is good with yogurt or peanut butter.