Any Misfit Shine Owners?

Options
I've been thinking of getting a Misfit Shine activity tracker. Anyone own one and care to share what they think. Sure looks pimp :tongue:

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I'd like one but it only synchs with smart phones, and I think I might miss the web app Fitbit has.
  • LuckySlydog
    Options
    It's super sexy but my phone isn't compatible :-( just found out that you need ble(Bluetooth low energy) the latest version of Bluetooth. So that's out.
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    Probably me too, then.

Check out this one, to be released later. It's really sexy but expensive. :love:

http://www.withings.com/activite/en-US
  • LuckySlydog
    Options
    Whoa that is expensive. But it doesn't even look like an activity tracker.

I first saw the Misfit on VirginHealthMiles. My job uses that site so we can earn points to get health insurance money. They also have FitBit but I just don't like those. I'm just gonna have to keep using RunKeeper to track my jogging cause it links to HealthMiles too. And myfitnesspal too. We get points for logging meals.

It all motivates so that's cool.
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    Exactly! It is a tracker, though.
  • Meorainthemaking
    Meorainthemaking Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Misfit Shine: waterproof, runs on battery for 4-6 months, functions as a watch, tracks multiple activities, steps, calories burned as well as sleep in a small, simple, sleek aluminum disk that takes a beating flawlessly. Worth it to get the watch face as it stays more stable than in rubber sports band. I switched the leather bands out for a waterproof athletic band from a big box store for under $10. I wear it 24/7.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I have a Misfit Shine - think a fitbit might be more useful - but I wear my Misfit 24/7, tracks my sleep, my steps, can punch in my weight and track that - but doesn't sync with MFP.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I love my Misfit Shine because I don't have to charge it and it's waterproof. However, I still use my FitBit because it syncs with MFP and it has a silent alarm, which I really like. I read that MisFit is supposed to be releasing something new at the end of the year, so I'm really curious.
  • rachelg145
    rachelg145 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I got it recently as the kindle fire deal for $20 and then had to give it to a friend because it is not compatible with my phone. So just make sure it's compatible with your phone ;)
  • LuckySlydog
    Options
    Exactly! It is a tracker, though.
    :-)
    I ended up with the fitbit one. So far I really like it. I've got it linked up with RunKeeper, MFP and VirginPulse. VirginPulse is a wellness program my job uses to earn points for insurance money. MFP also links up with VirginPulse so I'm all connected.
    And it tracks stairs too! Really cool.

I'm gonna get the shine for my GF for her birthday because her phone has bluetooth low energy. Based on those of you that have one she is going LOVE it :)