How many meals?

Options
How many meals do you eat a day? I'm just curious on how many and why you chose that amount.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast, lunch, and supper. If I exercise in the evening, I usually eat a very light supper and then after the exercise I have a snack.

As for why...it just works well for me. Breakfast is my favorite meal so I'll always eat it. I'm not hungry again until noon so no morning snack. Then I'm generally not hungry again until supper so, again, no snack.
  • 13Strong
    13Strong Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I also tend to do Breakfast, Lunch, and supper. But I eat part of my lunch mid morning and save part for the afternoon. This way I don't get so hungry I over eat.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast, lunch, and supper. If I exercise in the evening, I usually eat a very light supper and then after the exercise I have a snack.

As for why...it just works well for me. Breakfast is my favorite meal so I'll always eat it. I'm not hungry again until noon so no morning snack. Then I'm generally not hungry again until supper so, again, no snack.

This totally describes my method and reasons as well.
  • S_Murphree
    Options
    breakfast, lunch, dinner + 2 snacks.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I eat three meals and 2 snacks usually, but when I'm on my period I usually eat 4 or 5 and one snack.

I have low blood pressure, and it gets a bit lower during the communist invasion, so eating more often helps me feel less light headed.
  • kessler4130
    kessler4130 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 7 times a day.
  • LuckySlydog
    Options
    breakfast, lunch, dinner + 2 snacks.
    Me too, unless I don't feel like I'm gonna be hungry.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I eat three meals and two to three snacks. I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner and have an afternoon and bedtime snack. I will have a mid-morning snack on the days I workout in the morning because not having one will make my blood sugar spike from a glucose dump after the post exercise drop.
  • dfranch
    dfranch Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Lunch and Dinner. I have some fruit for a snack around 9:30 - 10:00 at night.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    If I am in maintenance and or bulking 3 meals and a couple snack...

When I am cutting I follow a 16/8 fast and only eat lunch, dinner and a late afternoon snack if I am hungry...
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    5. I am a diabetic and it seems to keep my levels pretty normal. I would probably do three bigger meals if I wasn't a diabetic though.
  • MississippiMama87
    MississippiMama87 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have meal 1 at 1pm, a snack around 4 and meal 2 around 7pm.

Eating this way lets me have 2 larger meals and helps me to focus on stuff besides food in the mornings.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    How many meals do you eat a day? I'm just curious on how many and why you chose that amount.

I eat 2. I like big meals. Each is usually between 1k and 2k
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I eat about every 3 hours. I'm hypoglycemic, so to eat at a deficit and still feel good, I need to space my calories around. I wake up and have a small meal (usually under 200 cals), then around 11 (which is after my workout) I eat a real breakfast (300-400), lunch anytime between 1-3 (300-400), dinner around 6 (500), snack before bed (150-200).
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I eat six times per day - sometimes this is 3 meals/3 snacks, but it may be other combinations, depending on my activity and hunger levels and plans for the day.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

I eat breakfast because I get up early and get hungry before I go to work. I eat lunch because I like to have a break in the middle of the day and am usually hungry around noon. Dinner is my favorite meal, because it has social possibilities and I like to cook (I cook breakfast too, but usually just a quick omelet or some such). I expect that the fact I'm hungry at the relevant times and not otherwise has something to do with just my body expecting food then and cultural norms and all that, but I am perfectly happy with the 3 meals a day thing. I don't like the small meals thing because I end up just being dissatisfied with all my meals, as none seem the proper size, it's a hassle to plan for and carry food around and fit in, and most of the easiest snacks are foods that I don't find especially satisfying on their own. But I think smaller meals probably work great for many other people, just as a smaller number of meals work for others.
  • CydMG93
    CydMG93 Posts: 11
    Options
    I eat five times a day, it helps metabolism, and I don't usually have time for any big meals anyways. It also helps me keep my energy up during the day, if I eat three times a day I tend to feel tired.
  • ingoiolo
    ingoiolo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    mini breakfast (ca 200 Kcal)
    small lunch (ca 400 Kcal)
    awesome dinner (ca 1000 Kcal)
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I eat five times a day, it helps metabolism, and I don't usually have time for any big meals anyways. It also helps me keep my energy up during the day, if I eat three times a day I tend to feel tired.

That's a myth, but I'm glad you've found an eating method that helps you meet your goals! ;)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/820577-meal-frequency-rev-up-that-furnace-lol
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I like bigger meals, so I typically do 3-4 meals a day on my 2350 allowance. I don't usually eat my first meal outside of morning coffee, until noon and then save a hefty snack in the evening after lifting.

If I graze throughout the day, I'm cranky and never full