Pumpkin Spice Latte, Coming to a SB too soon!

Options
Sigh, it's that time of year again and the dreaded Pumpkin Spice Latte is returning. Any ideas on tasty, low calorie versions so I don't drink my whole days worth of calories at Starbucks!

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Dreaded? I love the things, but they DO come too early because it's usually still pushing 100º here when they arrive! :tongue:

To make them a bit more calorie friendly, skip the whip, go with skim milk if you have to (although it's definitely not as rich and creamy with skim!). Or just have one once in awhile and make it fit into your daily goals.
  • cattitude123
    cattitude123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Have you tried any of the Torani sugar-free syrups for coffees? they add a nice taste , they do have a mild splenda aftertaste, tho.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    i just came here to say that i hate starbucks. outrageous prices for sugar loaded drinks, no spank you
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    yup. skip the starbucks entirely, and go to a store that carries seasonal-flavors of ground or whole bean coffee (you can also find local coffee roasters that will do a wide range of flavors). there's usually something resembling a pumpkin spice available. gevalia also has good coffees, even though i'm not happy with their new shipping methods.

keep it at home and you can make it however you want, with complete control over calories and fat/sugar.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I used to be a Starbucks fiend but now I have seriously come to prefer black coffee (hot or iced) and have a *small* treat with it like a cookie, scone, macaron, or whatever...I find it much more satisfying.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I love Starbucks but I find their prices outrageous and laughable and will only buy their stuff when I feel like being taken advantage of lol. I try to find ways to make my own!
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    My local cafe has it NOW! I just always get a coffee with pumpkin spice syrup. Much lower calories than a latte, but I always put sugar and cream on top of it so it probably comes out the same. I really don't mind splurging 140 calories on my morning coffee though. That is a must-have to start my day right.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I just do it and make it fit my macros. :drinker: :drinker:
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Archer farms (Target brand) also has a pumpkin spice sugar free syrup. I personally prefer them to the Toani brand. I'm also not afraid of artificial sweeteners so that helps.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Ask for it half sweet. I find that most of the calories in the drink come from the syrup, not the whip cream or the milk unless its whole milk. Normally though, if I want starbucks I consider it a splurge and try to fit into my day.
  • lqichick
    lqichick Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yeah, expensive, not good for you most of the time, but I work 1 and 1/2 jobs, and when the two 12 hours Saturday/Sunday shifts are here that is my treat for of my hard work. I usually drink black Americano, but when Pumpkin Spice comes around I weaken, but I count it and change elsewhere.
  • drich1989
    drich1989 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I usually have something good like that on Sundays. One day a week isn't too bad. But I also love getting pumpkin flavored creamer for my coffee. You can measure it out and the calories aren't that bad. I like to have mine with homemade pumpkin muffins... Mmm I cant wait for fall to be here!
  • srd_23
    srd_23 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Did you know that although this drink is seasonal at Starbucks its available year round at most independant coffee shops? I just get a no whip non fat pumpkin spice latte and eat a little bit lower calorie foods throughout the day to make up for it. :)
  • Elainejk21
    Elainejk21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to order this drink and still find it delicious:

Nonfat, no whip, 1/2 syrup. Cuts down on calories and sugar carbs. Bring it on! :)
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Just do it! It's worth it!

These days I exclusively drink black coffee with a little half & half in it, but I will probably splurge a few times come Fall & Winter - the PSL & the Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha are like a tradition. I'll get a PSL when it comes out, & then probably a PWCM to celebrate the red cups.

I also really like the International Delight pumpkin spice creamer. For some reason I like it more than the Coffeemate version - but really, they're both good. I usually have two cups of coffee every morning, so when I have this in the house, I usually do one cup with half & half & one cup with the creamer, so it's not overkill or too much of a splurge everyday!
  • Schtroumpfkin
    Schtroumpfkin Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i just came here to say that i hate starbucks. outrageous prices for sugar loaded drinks, no spank you

Agreed. And they've only just started paying UK corporate taxes. Shocking, generic, and depressing. The fact that everyone is here from all corners of the globe talking about the exact same coffee is just awful.

Go support your local coffee shop. :smooched:
  • marylynn85
    marylynn85 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    The only time I ever go to Starbucks is when they have the pumpkin spice latte. I'll have to cut back a lot this year though.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    IT'S STILL AUGUST.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    A low cal alternative drink, black coffee...with a side of pumpkin pie and ice cream.
  • jescamp9481
    jescamp9481 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    already!!! its 104 degrees outside... not really pumpkin spice weather... I think Ill wait unitl Ocotber to get one... just one... I really like just regular coffee with splenda and half and half, and I dont log my coffee :), its my little treat