How to improve digestion?

Options
2»

Replies

• Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Chewing your food 20 times before swallowing?
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    2 table spoons of chia seeds stired or shaken in water. add a liitle juice for flavor, drink everday, it will take a little time to get started but once you commit, you will be "relieved"

Some people have a negative reaction to chia seeds. Diarrhea and allergies have been the main complaints. Best of luck if it is working for you.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Drinking mint hot tea will help aid digestion, not sure it'll help move the bowels along but it does help to settle the stomach.
  • leahraskie
    leahraskie Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    What probiotics would people suggest?

:/ Yogurt doesn't work for me, been drinking water and exercising, high fiber doesn't work and stuff like metamucil doesn't work well. Pretty sure I have some kind of intestinal problem, I've had severe constipation since I was little.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Someone asked a question about ginger - it tastes great in stir-fries/Asian dishes, but if you specifically want it to calm your stomach, I love making some Ginger Hot Cocoa - http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/ginger-spiced-hot-cocoa-recipe.html - though I make it with almond milk, which may be better if you're dairy-sensitive/lactose-intolerant, and I also omit the sugar.

Although some people are recommending Fiber One bars and the like, I find it better to get fiber from natural sources as it is easier on digestion - though this is a recommendation purely from personal experience, not from a scientific standpoint. I consistently get 25-50+ g of fiber daily and I stay away from fiber additives like chicory root fiber. Feel free to check my diary for ideas, though I don't track it as a micronutrient.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Eat 2 mangos every morning for a week and you will be running great. ;) In fact eating only fruit and veggies raw for breakfast and lunch for a week or two will get things very regular.

Oh and I also agree on a good probiotic.
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Thanks for useful answer and keeping to the topic...
    Welcome.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    white castle.

no seriously.

more fat- fat is the best thing ever for the GI track.
  • pilvi3
    pilvi3 Posts: 200
    Options
    Can others comment please?;)
  • AmethystIce
    AmethystIce Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know if this counts as natural but I take Metamucil when my digestion isn't as awesome as it could be. If you don't want that then I recommend lemon juice and warm water, not only does it help your digestion, but its also great for bloating. Other than that everyone has given lots of great things to choose from like exercise and junk. Good Luck~
  • pilvi3
    pilvi3 Posts: 200
    Options
    Thanks, I will try this too.
    Actually, I love sour food and probabbly right that (?)
    Btw, how about flatulence?
  • AmethystIce
    AmethystIce Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Lol yes its good for that too, just make sure you drink it like 20 minutes before a meal.