Need some results in 10 days - ready for everything!

Options
Hi, guys! I need some help.
My short story: I lost nearly 20 pounds in 8 months. I git flat stomach, thigh gap, etc. But this summer I went off track and gained a half of that weight. I don't look fat or so, but this extra fat on my waist, stomach and especially on thighs just pisses me off.
I'm trying to get back on track, I train hard (doing Insanity + Jillian Michaels Body Revolution), trying to eat healthy but slip and fail every time.
Now my weight is nearly 117lbs. I have 10 days until I go to the university and I need to lose some of this gained weight. The question is: is it possible to lose 1-2 inches in waist and especially thighs? I know that it's impossible to lose fat in particular area. But I want to look good and be closer to my best shape. What should I do for it? I'm ready to train like a beast (lol) but actually don't know how much I should work out without waist of time and how to eat: low calorie limit or what?
Thanks for your attention. Hope to seek some advice!

Replies

• marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't expect to lose that much that quickly. Slow and steady wins the race my friend. Long term results come from long term planning and actions.
  • nutsnutsu
    Options
    I know it, of course, and I also think that weight loss is a long term process. But I need quick result just for now and then I will do everything slowly and step by step. I just wanna look good when I meet my future classmates, don't get me wrong.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I know it, of course, and I also think that weight loss is a long term process. But I need quick result just for now and then I will do everything slowly and step by step. I just wanna look good when I meet my future classmates, don't get me wrong.
    why don't you just start doing it right now?

unless your future classmates are all armed with tape measures and scales, why does it matter?

even if they were, why would it still matter...?

edit: if you're really ready for everything, take all of the advice that tells you not to do some stupid crash diet to make some kind of first impression on people that aren't going to be able to visibly decide whether or not your waist is magically 1" or 2".. or.. gasp... 3" different.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    My short story: I lost nearly 20 pounds in 8 months. I git flat stomach, thigh gap, etc. But this summer I went off track and gained a half of that weight. I don't look fat or so, but this extra fat on my waist, stomach and especially on thighs just pisses me off.
    I'm trying to get back on track, I train hard (doing Insanity + Jillian Michaels Body Revolution), trying to eat healthy but slip and fail every time.
    Now my weight is nearly 117lbs. I have 10 days until I go to the university and I need to lose some of this gained weight. The question is: is it possible to lose 1-2 inches in waist and especially thighs? I know that it's impossible to lose fat in particular area. But I want to look good and be closer to my best shape. What should I do for it? I'm ready to train like a beast (lol) but actually don't know how much I should work out without waist of time and how to eat: low calorie limit or what?

How tall are you?
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I think you need to learn patience. In 10 days considering your weight now and the fact you are probably in a normal weight range you wont lose much. Don't give yourself arbitrary goals you may be far better off looking at exercise rather than weightloss to give you the 'look' you are after. That will also take some time and patience to. There are many people on the fitness boards who would be able to give great advice to you if you were to take that (the more sensible route)

Good luck
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    From your profile: "A long journey in order to learn to love my body and find peace with food. "

Reread your reason for being on MFP to get healthy. 10 days is not a lot of time and 10 pounds does not make that much difference. As others have said - start today. Eat well, train hard and keep going this time. If you do it the right way- you're going to look awesome when you start college.

Best of luck.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Your new classmates are going to be more interested in finding their way around campus, figuring out how their meal plans work, and finding campus jobs than they are going to be in your 10 extra pounds. Work on making healthy lifestyle choices like eating right and staying active rather than trying to impress them.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

You mention that you're trying to eat healthy but slip and fail every time. I don't know what you consider eating healthy this time, but your post history suggests that in the past you've been undereating and trying to burn off everything you eat? You might want to take a step back and really focus on why you're having a hard time sticking to your diet. It's very common for people who push too hard or try to eat too little to have problems sticking to their routine. If this is going to be something long-term for you then it's a good idea to reevaluate your relationship with food and what's best for your body.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Do your basic low carb diet....this gives a bonus loss of water weight at first. Any other kind of "fast" weight loss (as in very low calorie diet) are dangerous and promoting VLCD's here are against policy.

Then exercise (strength train)....this is great for inches. Inches lost look every bit as good as pounds. Just try to get in shape the best you can.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    no-baby-no-gif.gif
  • nutsnutsu
    Options

unless your future classmates are all armed with tape measures and scales, why does it matter?

edit: if you're really ready for everything, take all of the advice that tells you not to do some stupid crash diet to make some kind of first impression on people that aren't going to be able to visibly decide whether or not your waist is magically 1" or 2".. or.. gasp... 3" different.

I try to do something everyday. Please, don't think about me as a lazy person who just read articles and can't do even a single push up.
    I could search for some extreme diets in the Internet, but I know that they won't work. I made this topic to get some info from real people with some experience.

Actually, I know definitely that they won't even care about it. But I feel uncomfortable in my own skin. I lost self confidence. I know that amount of fat doesn't determine me as a person, but I can't just leave the things the way they are.

Anyway, thanks for the answer! :) I will try to accept my body the way it is.
  • aurorareigns
    Options

Haha well that would be some pressure right there if everyone carried around tape measures to measure each other!
  • nutsnutsu
    Options

How tall are you?

161cm
  • aurorareigns
    Options
    So if Im reading this right, you're 5'2" and weigh 117. That's actually really healthy!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

How tall are you?

161cm

So you are 5'3 trying to get to 107lbs? Can I ask why? I'm not sure I understand about this best shape stuff, especially the whole thigh gap thing which is genetic unless you starve yourself to an unhealthy weight.

There seems to be some issues going on that maybe you should focus on addressing first. Since you are going to university, you should be able to see about counseling there. Or maybe talk to your parents about it and see if they'll be able to find someone to talk with you.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options

I try to do something everyday. Please, don't think about me as a lazy person who just read articles and can't do even a single push up.
    I could search for some extreme diets in the Internet, but I know that they won't work. I made this topic to get some info from real people with some experience.

Actually, I know definitely that they won't even care about it. But I feel uncomfortable in my own skin. I lost self confidence. I know that amount of fat doesn't determine me as a person, but I can't just leave the things the way they are.

Anyway, thanks for the answer! :) I will try to accept my body the way it is.

Loving yourself does not mean being complacent about your goals to look and feel your best. Keep training. No one is thinking that you are lazy at all. Training is the best way to boost your self confidence.

The most important thing to remember is to smile. You're young and beautiful. Starting a new year at college should be about meeting all kinds of great people, learning who you are & deciding what you want your life to look like. Eat healthy and keep training. Focus on all of that and on having a great year.
  • nutsnutsu
    Options
    I think you need to learn patience. In 10 days considering your weight now and the fact you are probably in a normal weight range you wont lose much. Don't give yourself arbitrary goals you may be far better off looking at exercise rather than weightloss to give you the 'look' you are after. That will also take some time and patience to. There are many people on the fitness boards who would be able to give great advice to you if you were to take that (the more sensible route)

Good luck

Thanks for advice! I agree with you. I have a lot of time to make flat tummy or so, but don't have enought patience. I just so obsessed with the idea of perfect body and this thing doesn't let me enjoy all the sides of my life. This really sucks.
  • nutsnutsu
    Options
    From your profile: "A long journey in order to learn to love my body and find peace with food. "

Reread your reason for being on MFP to get healthy. 10 days is not a lot of time and 10 pounds does not make that much difference. As others have said - start today. Eat well, train hard and keep going this time. If you do it the right way- you're going to look awesome when you start college.

Best of luck.

Thank you! I will do my best!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

Good luck

Thanks for advice! I agree with you. I have a lot of time to make flat tummy or so, but don't have enought patience. I just so obsessed with the idea of perfect body and this thing doesn't let me enjoy all the sides of my life. This really sucks.

there is no perfect body and you're trying to lose weight to get to some magical number that you think will allow you perfection.

this isn't a weight issue, and I would consider the option of finding someone to talk to. body dysmorphia and self image issues are legit.

If you get to the point where you're obsession over perfection, take the time and find someone that you can talk to about it.
  • nutsnutsu
    Options
    Your new classmates are going to be more interested in finding their way around campus, figuring out how their meal plans work, and finding campus jobs than they are going to be in your 10 extra pounds. Work on making healthy lifestyle choices like eating right and staying active rather than trying to impress them.

My words sounds kinda stupid, lol. But I think that the main problem is my self confidence. When I can't accept my body I can't talk to anyone without discomfort. Idk why.