Am i the only one on here with an eating disorder?

Options
i've been bulimic for 2 years and i restrict. im just looking for anyone in my age group going through something similar, so i know im not the only one with an intake goal of 500 or less :/

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Do you want to recover? I really hope so. People here will support recovery.

This is not a pro-ana or pro-mia site so if that is what you are looking for, please go elsewhere.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    The only support you'll get here will be encouraging you to get help.

Get help OP.
  • sesenm311
    sesenm311 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    no i went through a really bad series of bullemia for a while, but i recovered. I did put on weight but i figured a few extra pounds is better than the life long problems people will have to deal with.. you can add me if you want support :) best of luck to you!!
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    No. I'm sure there are specific groups around here who have ED's who are actively trying to recover. Get help
  • fredriknetterman
    Options
    I've had both anorexia and bulimia, even though I've recovered it's still in the back of my head. But now I've built a quite muscular body. I'm gonna say what the others have said, I will support you if you are trying to recover, but I will not help you destroy your life.
  • carinthea
    carinthea Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have had bulimia for years and it returns when I am going through emotional trauma or stress. I have had help, I actively sought help last time and find that even though I am eating better now it still offers me the control over my food that I need.

Definitely seek help. There is a lot of good help out there, do not rely on these forums or any other for advice, you need to see someone who can talk through everything with you and help you on the road to recovery, it's not a quick trip.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    7 billion people on this planet. hundreds on this site. Sooooooo no- you are not the only one.

And yes people will help support you if your choices are to move toward a healthy lifestyle.

If you're looking for someone to support your intake goal of 500 or less- then no- people will not support that because it's completely unhealthy.

I hope you're getting some professional help for real- life is too short to be doing these things to yourself.
    Good luck.
  • reachingforarainbow
    reachingforarainbow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    OP, I know ya feel alone but your not. I am on the road to recovering from EDNOS (with purging/restricting). Aiming for 500 calories will never get you on the road to recover from bulimia.
    You need to see a doctor, or atleast slowly increase your daily calories, and if ya eat too much, accept that you are gonna keep it down. You can lose weight in a healthy weight, or don't bother, because it is a waste of time.
  • reachingforarainbow
    reachingforarainbow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    BTW, I just realized you may not be throwing up your meals, but just realize that if you eat to much, your not gonna compensate, because it will make you super malnourished (no matter what way you go about it)
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    no, you're not. i've dealt with anorexia for years, and have a hard time even reading some of the advice here... the "you're eating too much" posts are a huge trigger for me.
    i've been bulimic for 2 years and i restrict. im just looking for anyone in my age group going through something similar, so i know im not the only one with an intake goal of 500 or less :/

first of all, nobody on here will advocate a VLCD. 500 calories a day is ridiculously unhealthy. you might be better off seeking professional help if you're trying to go that low.
This discussion has been closed.