egg yolk- what to use them for?

Options
124»

Replies

• kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    When recipes call for only egg whites, I still use the whole egg. For example if it calls for 3 egg whites, I use 2 whole eggs. The yolk is often vilified for cholesterol, but that's a bunch of BS.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    It is not so much the calories but this (http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-cholesterol/expert-answers/cholesterol/faq-20058468)

"One large egg has about 186 mg of cholesterol — all of which is found in the yolk. Therefore, if you eat an egg on a given day, it's important to limit other sources of cholesterol for the rest of that day. Consider substituting servings of vegetables for servings of meat, or avoid high-fat dairy products for that day.

If you like eggs but don't want the extra cholesterol, use only the egg whites. Egg whites contain no cholesterol. You may also use cholesterol-free egg substitutes, which are made with egg whites."

So it's your heart you are trying to save by tossing that yolk away... if you go read the whole article from the link, you will see 4 whole eggs a week is OK and there is more information... but in general either by 100% egg whites OR toss that yolk!

Plus you need cholesterol to make Testosterone
  • centaurizoe
    centaurizoe Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Eating?
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

I'm an advocate of NOT feeding animals people food. It causes bad tendencies and habits.

Eggs are not 'people food', it just happens that they are nutritious for humans. It is therefore likely that they are nutritious to other animals.

Dogs, cats, rats, badgers, foxes, hedgehogs, etc. will all steal and eat chicken eggs given the chance.

Are you a certified veterinarian? Are you able to make such a claim without any proof or lack of knowledge on animals and their digestive systems? I'm 100% that you are not.

Like I said, which was the just of the sentence that you missed out on completely.... It causes bad tendencies for household pets, which I'm not sure if you were aware.... have a complete different mentality than a wild animal.

lol whut

You don't need to be a certified anything to know that dogs benefit from fresh foods like egg yolks

what do you think their kibbles are made from? Dirt and plastic?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I mix my egg yolks with my egg whites and scramble them for breakfast nearly every morning. Sometimes I don't scramble them and have them on toast. Egg yolks: Where all the flavor's at.