Hi im new!! Anyone doing the 30 day shred?

Options
Hi everyone

Im a mum of four and I actually work as a fitness instructor part time (as well as working in a school)but I have found that i have a fondness for cakes and biscuits and I am now wobbling in places :0(

I have just started the 30 day shred and I just wanted to know if anyone else is doin it?

I really want to lose about 16 pounds or thereabouts xx

Replies

• VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! :flowerforyou: This is an awesome site you will surely enjoy and come to love.

I have done part of the 30 day shred and loved it. I usually change up the dvds. Now I am doing the BL Last Chance Workout and it is awesome. Jillian is leading the workout and she is kicking my butt!!! :noway:
  • debswilko
    debswilko Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred? I want to lose 17 pounds in total and the sooner it comes off the better. x
  • denisemk
    Options
    Its the Jillian Micheals DVD 30 day shred. Im not sure im allowed to post links but just pop it into google

Thanks for the welcome guys!!! xx
  • denisemk
    Options
    Wow VJ

45 pounds lost!!! you are a star!!! I hope to have half your will power x
  • debbieruth
    Options
    Yup! I'm starting the 30 day shred today actually! Just bought it, and am eagerly waiting to get off work so I can go get my first session out of the way!
  • debbieruth
    Options
    Welcome to MFP by the way. :]
  • debswilko
    debswilko Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow! Just had a look on You Tube. I don't really have the stuff to do this nor the room in my living room. I'm starting at the gym tomorrow and I've been doing 45-60 minutes dancing per day. Good luck!
  • denisemk
    Options
    I have just done level 1 and my arms are killing!! x if it aint hurting it aint working...right?? :laugh:
  • drblythe
    drblythe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Just finished level 1 day two!
    definitely still feeling it in my legs, the cardio does seem to be ever so slightly easier though, which is nice
  • Lorfalee
    Lorfalee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I am also new. Just joined a few minutes ago. What is the 30 day shred?? Would like to try that too...I am trying to lose 40 lbs. by summer....
  • denisemk
    Options
    Hi Lorfalee!!

Its the Jillian Micheals DVD 30 day shred. Im on day two and will do level 1 for 10 days!

its only 20 minutes and boy do you feel it!:happy:
  • denisemk
    Options
    Hey Drblythe

Yeah the cardio did seem easier...i needed the rest tho so i am thankful!!

Im on day two level 1 today!! x

What diet are yoou following?? have u any tips?
  • ausiewombat8
    Options
    I am thinking about getting the 30 day shred, but I really wanted to know if it worked from people who have tried it and if they have if there are any tips to using it.
  • denisemk
    Options
    i ache everywhere but its only 20 min (so i keep telling myself) :wink:
  • drblythe
    drblythe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hey denisemk,

Day 3 just done! Didn't seem that easy today! but got through it, it's easy to convince yourself to do it when its only 20mins

I'm not following any particular diet, i've never been a big eater so i'm trying to increase my calorie intake (in a healthy way) which seems like a backward thing to do

Are you doing any other exercise while doing the shred? I'm debating whether to go to the gym as well, but at the moment i'm a bit worn out,