time of the month...ladies what exercises should i do?

Options

Replies

• DarkMoon30
    DarkMoon30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Exercising during that time of the month for me is just not going to happen. The few times I've tried I ended up curled up and crying or at the doctors office because I thought my uterus was going to fall out (no joke). I usually stick to stretching and maybe some light yoga. It helps with the cramps too, especially when paired with a ton of ibuprofen lol.

you are exactly what I was talking about in my earlier post. People tend to group women together as one entity and people think women should 'stick together' ....but they don't. They say ' do it my way or *kitten* off' .

This thread is full of ' ...well on my period ....I DO THIS' ...... There's no recognition or even AWARENESS that there might be something different out there

I find it absolutely f*cking hysterical ... and kinda sad

I'm a midwife (for the Americans that means Obstetric/Gynaecology nurse)... as I was saying, comparing one woman's menstrual period with another's is like comparing summer with winter...

Absolutely futile

My advice is... don't ask for advice.... not here

Listen to your body

If you need to rest, rest

if you need medical advice or you're worried, speak to your doctor or nurse... don''t come here

Remember... you're a woman... you're amazing...

Take your time... believe in yourself and the future....

And live it

In your time....

According to your own rhythms

There's a time for everything

And everything has it's time

Don't be bullied... don't be tidal waved....

Take your time

Be healthy. Be good. Be kind. Honor yourself.

She said "tidal wave"

If I knew you were coming I would have said 'sociopath' ... and moved on

Healthy bodies without the strong beautiful minds to go with them don't impress sweetheart.....

And to be honest, I am confused... why are you even in this thread ?

Oh wait... don't answer that... coz it will only be some bull**** to make people laugh.... it wont be true... why else would a grown man find himself in a thread about women and their intimate issues... did mama not include you when you were a boy?
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Exercising during that time of the month for me is just not going to happen. The few times I've tried I ended up curled up and crying or at the doctors office because I thought my uterus was going to fall out (no joke). I usually stick to stretching and maybe some light yoga. It helps with the cramps too, especially when paired with a ton of ibuprofen lol.

you are exactly what I was talking about in my earlier post. People tend to group women together as one entity and people think women should 'stick together' ....but they don't. They say ' do it my way or *kitten* off' .

This thread is full of ' ...well on my period ....I DO THIS' ...... There's no recognition or even AWARENESS that there might be something different out there

I'm a midwife (for the Americans that means Obstetric/Gynaecology nurse)... as I was saying, comparing one woman's menstrual period with another's is like comparing summer with winter...

Absolutely futile

Listen to your body

if you need medical advice or you're worried, speak to your doctor or nurse... don''t come here

And live it

In your time....

Take your time

She said "tidal wave"

Healthy bodies without the strong beautiful minds to go with them don't impress sweetheart.....

Oh wait... don't answer that... coz it will only be some bull**** to make people laugh.... it wont be true... why else would a grown man find himself in a thread about women and their intimate issues... did mama not include you when you were a boy?

you're hardly worth impressing but you are entertaining. I'll give you that :flowerforyou:
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    If you're feeling fine, then just do whatever you usually do. If not, don't exert yourself too much. Pretty self-explanatory. For me, I can only walk or do light yoga. Otherwise, I'm usually in bed all day since my period tends to make me very fatigued and ill.
  • mag131
    mag131 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I stick with my usual routine, but I also like to add in yoga or pilates because the stretching movements seem to help relieve cramps for me. Working out while I have my period helps me with pain and increased energy. I know everyone is different though, so just do what works for you.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Absolutely futile

Listen to your body

And live it

In your time....

Take your time

The experience is different for everybody. I think we are all adults and aware of that. In order to provide advice in this context, all I have is what works for me. I DO NOT KNOW what will work for her. Her doctor not know what works for her. The only person to know this is her.

I get crappy cramps and need to stay in bed, UNLESS I RUN. If I run, it becomes a non-issue. So telling her to do nothing if she doesn't feel like it might be detramental. Or not. You don't know. I don't know. She doesn't know, unless she tries it.
  • NicoleLawrence98
    NicoleLawrence98 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You can go for a walk, or even a short jog. Muscle toning exercises are good, upper body exercises etc
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    If you're feeling fine, then just do whatever you usually do. If not, don't exert yourself too much. Pretty self-explanatory. For me, I can only walk or do light yoga. Otherwise, I'm usually in bed all day since my period tends to make me very fatigued and ill.

Have you tried iron supplements? They make all the difference for me.
  • solaceowl
    solaceowl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I will definitely do that suggestion on swimming. I can't eat me as I stopped eating it, but doesn't mean one day I won't go back to eating meat. And thank you.
  • EmpireBusiness
    EmpireBusiness Posts: 333 Member
    Options

Absolutely futile

Listen to your body

And live it

In your time....

Take your time

She said "tidal wave"

you're hardly worth impressing but you are entertaining. I'll give you that :flowerforyou:
    You're what's wrong with forums. Some if us are here to give and receive good advice. Can't you be serious? Your attitude is dampening my emotional flow. Ragging on people isn't constructive. I bleed my soul into my posts to try and help others in any way I can. I run into you in the forums every couple of weeks and it is sooo draining. You cramp my style. This flow of animosity needs to end now no matter what. Period.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

Absolutely futile

Listen to your body

And live it

In your time....

Take your time

She said "tidal wave"

This may be a bit of an overreaction.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Reduce your salt intake, increase water, and do your regular workout. Menstrual cycles aren't illnesses, and don't require special treatment.

High intensity workouts will combat all of your symptoms.

And yes, I practice what I preach. I have PCOS, painful periods, and never miss a workout because of it. I force myself to go to the gym, and always feel 100x better afterward.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Well, that escalated quickly.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

Absolutely futile

Listen to your body

And live it

In your time....

Take your time

She said "tidal wave"

You're what's wrong with forums. Some if us are here to give and receive good advice. Can't you be serious? Your attitude is dampening my emotional flow. Ragging on people isn't constructive. I bleed my soul into my posts to try and help others in any way I can. I run into you in the forums every couple of weeks and it is sooo draining. You cramp my style. This flow of animosity needs to end now no matter what. Period.

I think I love you. :flowerforyou:
  • EmpireBusiness
    Options

Absolutely futile

Listen to your body

And live it

In your time....

Take your time

She said "tidal wave"

I think I love you. :flowerforyou:

They always say that until I propose.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I HATE PERIODS. Can't swim.

October through June, I walk. Summer doesn't allow much walking - if I can get a short one in, I do. Otherwise, I just skip it and wait for the ridiculousness to end.
  • EmpireBusiness
    Options
    I HATE PERIODS. Can't swim.

October through June, I walk. Summer doesn't allow much walking - if I can get a short one in, I do. Otherwise, I just skip it and wait for the ridiculousness to end.

They wouldn't put chlorine in the water if they didn't want people to swim on their periods.
  • solaceowl
    Options
    Honestly I asked for women particularly...someone's TOM isn't to be for someone's entertainment. I was asking for exercise advice to help me stay on my journey. Not to come ridicule other advice givers. If you have no business on here I suggest you just stop posting...its annoying.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Honestly I asked for women particularly...someone's TOM isn't to be for someone's entertainment. I was asking for exercise advice to help me stay on my journey. Not to come ridicule other advice givers. If you have no business on here I suggest you just stop posting...its annoying.

What's annoying is how many parents have apparently failed to teach their daughters about their bodies. Keep exercising. Period. If you feel worn down, take iron. If that doesn't work then talk to your doctor. If you're an adult and still don't understand how your body works then go talk to a trusted aunt or grandmother.
  • solaceowl
    Options
    I notice we have the same weight goal. I wish I was already at 59 pounds, but I'll wait till then.
  • solaceowl
    Options
    Its not so much as people or relatives failed to teach someone. In my family unfortunately its mainly men not only that the few women don't have periods, nor workout, etc...so if I feel like I need to ask I will ask cause it does concern about working out. And so far the advice is helpful.