Let's talk fiber for a sec..

Options
Is there such thing as too much? I know for someone who may not be used to a lot of fiber, you should add gradually etc to ease bloating/gas (or so I've read) but as for me, I'm pretty used to fiber in my diet. I just noticed in my nutritional info that I got 70 grams today which is my highest ever. I usually get more like 35-45. Is there such thing as too much?

Replies

• WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I don't know.......but I have always eaten a lot (was a vegetarian for 8 years in my 20s). I just went to check and my highest day (in the past 90) was 129 grams.

Typically, although my goal is set at a minimum of 35 per day, I strive for somewhere between 45 and 75 grams.
  • ksearles625
    ksearles625 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Okay awesome. I'm not too worried then, thanks for the examples. I'm new(ish) to this
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of fiber too. I think you'll know if your body can't handle it.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I eat between 40-70 a day depending on what I eat. That really should be the range people are aiming for a flawless colon if ya know what I mean :bigsmile: .... The important thing is when you have that much fiber you really should strive for at least 3 liters of water a day, which isn't hard once you get use to it. Good luck and smash down the healthy stuff!!!
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I eat between 40-70 a day depending on what I eat. That really should be the range people are aiming for a flawless colon if ya know what I mean :bigsmile: .... The important thing is when you have that much fiber you really should strive for at least 3 liters of water a day, which isn't hard once you get use to it. Good luck and smash down the healthy stuff!!!

Ooooh I bet that is what I'm doing wrong! I need a better fiber to water ratio. I was wondering why I was getting...um....let's just say the opposite of expected results some days.
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    There's no universal answer. Some people will do better with lots of fiber, whereas other people would not do so well.
  • Jonthomas79
    Options
    Too much fiber is worse than too little.