Scales??

Options
I see a lot of people posting ".04 lbs loss since their last weigh in". My scale only has .5 increments... Do you think I should invest in a more detailed scale? Do these little .05 and .2 weight losses keep you more motivated? Just wondering your thoughts. Thanks!

Replies

• jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Absolutly every ounce counts!!!!:bigsmile:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it to much. I would assume that a home scale isn't that accurate anyways. I put in the decimal places, but when I read my weight, I only look at the whole numbers. For instance today I'm up 0.2 pounds, were as you would be the same.
  • hm379
    hm379 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi

My scales are electronic Salter scales, when set to stones they measure in 1/4 lbs, when set to Pounds they measure in decimals 0.3, 0.4 etc. When set to kilos they also measure in decimals. I do like seeing small differences, however they recommend you only weigh yourself once a week, at the same time, in which case small increments e.g. a tenth of a pound, mightn't seem as important as in a week you may hope to loose 0.5lbs or 1 or even 2! I wouldn't say buying new scales (which aren't cheap! mine were £20!) Would really be worth it ... Hope that helps :smile: xx
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    It's always nice to know the scale moved even if it is only .02 oz, but if you never needed if before then don't waist the money...