Ice coffee lovers :-)

Options

Replies

• dennis_n
    dennis_n Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm drinking my favorite frappe every morning to wake up, but sometimes at around 2pm when I get sleepy. Just use a milk frother or handheld mixer. 1 tsp Nescafé Classic, 1tsp sugar with half inch of water, mix to a good thick foam, add lots of ice, some coffee creamer and water. It's an all year long drink for me. I wouldn't make it without it!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I love any iced coffee, really. But my favorite is from a local coffee shop, they cold brew the coffee and then serve it with ice cubes made of COFFEE. I've had a large one in my car all day and the melted coffee cubes made it so good for hours and hours.

I take it black there because it's great tasting good quality coffee...but at most places I "need" a bit of milk or almond milk in it and maybe a sweetener packet as well.

Yum.
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Love it so much that I've made it a workout drink. I take coffee, add whey protein and then maybe some soybean Lecithin...stick it in the refrig all night and then put in freezer an hr before workout....YUMMY. Even freeze it and make some healthy semi ice cream.

That sounds awesome I never thought of that. Thank you!!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    Usually just coffee and ice -- homemade, Starbuck's, or McD's -- which makes a really good iced coffee, but it usually takes them two tries to understand that "no flavor, no syrup, no sweetener" means "no flavor, no syrup, no sweetener." I can't stand sugar in my coffee, hot or iced. Tastes vile to me. I think I'd rather have salt. If the coffee is weak or way too strong or over-roasted (burned), I'll add cream, milk, or a plain (unsweetened) nondairy "milk" (e.g., soy milk, almond milk.).
  • NICOLEMC1980
    NICOLEMC1980 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Skim milk and Splenda. I tried making it at home but it's just not the same!
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with iced coffee! Especially from dunkin donuts!! Anyone else? How do you like yours?

I totally love them too however I started making them at home and its pretty much the same. What I do is instead of throwing out the leftover morning coffee, I save it and then add a tsp of non dairy creamer and three splendas to it, use the cocktail shaker to mix it all together with ice, it tastes pretty good to me and also saves a lot of money and I don't have to worry about mystery calories:drinker:
  • DellaWiedel
    DellaWiedel Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I make my own cold-brew iced coffee at home in a French press. I use a little heavy cream, no sweetener. YUM! :D
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    McD's iced coffee got me hooked so I started making my own at home with Pioneer Woman's cold brew recipe and a french press.

I think McD's are $1.49 right now. I can't pay coffee house prices, either. (Well, won't.) Though I did get one from Dutch Bros. once and went home and looked up the calories on their site and it said a sugar-free iced mocha was like 450 calories or something. That was the last coffee house one I had!
  • CherylReynolds56
    CherylReynolds56 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I make a large iced coffee every morning. Blended!!! I add chocolate protein powder, one that really tastes like chocolate. I nurse it over about 3 hours, yum! The amount of protein is 10 gms and 50 calories. I use non-fat milk in mine now; but it took forever to switch to non-fat.
  • 2605J
    2605J Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like mine with one cup almond breeze and 2 tsp sugar!
  • ksolksol
    ksolksol Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Just an addendum on the molasses mocha -- if you get blackstrap molasses (not regular), it has 1/5 your daily calcium, 1/5 your iron and nearly 1/5 of your potassium in a 42-calorie tablespoon. I'm rather hooked on the stuff myself. I'll take that trade here and there.
  • runningstrides
    Options
    I LOVE iced coffees. I make mine at home with milk and sweetener to save calories!!
  • julesg100
    julesg100 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have a Toddy cold brew system and it makes concentrated coffee. I take the concentrated coffee, add a little water, some almond milk and Torani sugar free hazelnut syrup and it's delicious and way less calories than S'bucks.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I like to do match the coffee with the same amount of milk and olvaltine chocolate powder and shake it and serve over ice.
  • jillxmadelynne
    Options
    I love coffee of all sorts. I usually order hot because its generally cheaper, but between 3-6 Dunkin Donuts has the $1 any size. My typical order is a large butter pecan with cream and sugar. It's so awful for me, but its sooooo good! I used to drink one or two a day, but now its only a special occasion drink :/
  • aurabunny
    Options
    I love iced coffee too, I like the sugar and fat free cream hazel nut flavor. I am trying the sweetener that Great Value makes. It so so yummy and less than 70 calories. ♥ I simply love it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Coming from Seattle, where Starbucks are two to a block I just have to say: NOPE!
    Make my own at home.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Starbucks iced Americano with room and I add my own sugar and half & half. Unless I'm at Dutch Bros - then it's usually an iced Kicker with 2% and a splash of cream. Good stuff!
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Black iced coffee from Starbucks.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Love Coffee.

For iced/frappi i now use unsweetened Starbucks coffee concentrate blended with Ice, HWC and Davinci. Slurps.
    Nice that Starbucks released their concentrate as it now makes it more convenient vs creating your own concentrate.
    14835063032_a5b73d77e0.jpg

14648884497_afa2ced249.jpg