This is it....Newbie Here!

Options
Hi! I just joined this site after hearing about the phone app from a friend. I need to lose 60-80 pounds. This is going to be a long journey so any advice, support, friends are much appreciated,

A little about me....married Mom of 3, early 30's, loves food(duh!), good wine, shopping and reading!

Replies

• jcsalsa
    jcsalsa Posts: 25
    Options
    I am in the same boat with you. I heard about this a while ago but then it was only for iphone but now I can do it on my android. So I have just started this week and i am loving it.
  • kata5
    kata5 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    well this is the place to be. Hope you find it as helpful as alot have. I have been on here little over a week and already are losing pounds. this place makes it easy and when you are with other gonig to the same goal makes it even easier. My name is katherine and I am a mother of three too..you would think that taking care of three boys would keep me busy enough to be thin but I love food. Well I hope that you do great.
  • mharbaug
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I am also new here, this is my second week. It's great you're thinking of the long haul because that is so more realistic than thinking you will lose 20 or 30 pounds right away. I love reading too. I have about 35-40 lbs. to lose and I'm 41. Sure is a lot different now than it was in the 20's. Good luck, even though luck has nothing to do with it. I'm sure whatever you put your mind to you will succeed.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I learned about this site when I found the MFP apps for my iPod and Droid phone. Great place with great support and information. Best of luck getting started with losing weight!
  • Lakeside54321
    Options
    I wish you great successes! Just take your time, and do it little by little! Don't get discouraged.
  • kltruler
    Options
    I found it and I love it because writing things down is a pain. Seeing what you eat a day is a great way to work on fitness.