Intermittent Fasting

Options
So I have been following the 16/8 rule for IF for a few weeks and it seems to work well for me. I eat between the hours of 1-8pm every day then fast starting at 9pm. Has anyone else been following this type of lifestyle and had success? I'm worried about following it long-term...

Replies

• ladyofthelakeontario
    Options
    I do. My window moves from 10-6 to 12-8 depending on my schedule for the day. I've been doing it for about 6 weeks now, combined with 5:2. I'm losing consistently and it has helped me end my habit of grazing at night.
  • psicocat
    psicocat Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5:2 er ???? love it, used it to kick start my weight after sticking and helped with my ibs - c too. So all good ????
  • BethJJ12
    BethJJ12 Posts: 11
    Options
    Awesome; yes following it has helped me with snacking lol
    I haven't tried the 5:2 yet- I have heard good things about that as well.
  • beardedwarriortx
    beardedwarriortx Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Since I am up at 3am, my window is 3am-5pm most of time.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I do. My window moves from 10-6 to 12-8 depending on my schedule for the day. I've been doing it for about 6 weeks now, combined with 5:2. I'm losing consistently and it has helped me end my habit of grazing at night.

I did a 10-6 for about 6 months last year and I loved it. I'd still be doing it if I hadn't had two kids :P I always found that breakfast and late night snacks cut into my calories so much that this nearly eliminated them. Granted, I was completely miserable for the first month but it help me keep my caloric intake in check.
  • BethJJ12
    BethJJ12 Posts: 11
    Options
    Ya it was hard at first to adjust; but it's a lot easier now! Yes having kids does make it more difficult...agree haha.