Does P90X Work??

Options
Is it doable for the average Joe? Is it worth it? How can I get started?

Replies

• Rowell29s
    Options
    I found that P90X is for people that are already physically fit that just want to get even better definition. My husband and myself tried it and both of us were unable to do it. :embarassed:
  • sybiltoney
    sybiltoney Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's only for those who have been working out pretty regularly and need a boost in their training. If you do not regularly lift weights/cardio and are in average shape looking to get in even better shape it will be a waste of your money. It's very hard but it does work. I have several friends that did it. I was going to do it but I just had a baby and I was told by all I need to get back where I was before getting pregnant in order to start it. So sadly I'm basically trying to get into shape to be able to do P90X.
  • ering
    ering Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have it and love it!! If you are very overweight or really out of shape you might want to do an easier program like power 90 first. The program is no joke. It's really hard and takes from 60-90 minutes everyday. You also need to follow the diet plan to get the best results. It does work and you will see results!! Good luck!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    There are a ton of people on here that were overweight and out of shape when they started it (case in point...look up roylawrence). I'm in good shape and it still kicks my butt. There are easy ways to modify the worksout too.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    It is definitely doable for the average Joe. I did it when I was an obese Oliver.

If you're looking to use it strictly for weight loss purposes, it may not be what you're looking for, because it's designed to increase your muscle strength, definition, flexibility, endurance, etc. Although, any fat loss and muscle gain that comes from doing P90X, will lead to weight loss. So, in my opinion, it's worth it. Just don't be discouraged if numbers on the scale aren't decreasing. The program is designed to get you in the best shape of your life by using muscle confusion. Even if you're technically not losing weight, you will be burning fat.

You can get started with it by going to their site at www.beachbody.com.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    its working for me. the motto is do your best and forget the rest. you dont have to be in shape
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I have heard so many things from both sides! Don't have an answer for ya but my husband and I have just purchased the program and are starting Monday. We know it's intense. We know the meal plan is strict. But we also know what we want out of it. Neither of us is terribly overweight or completely out of shape. But we haven't been working out regularly and aren't as fit as we need to be. However we can do what we can the first time and try harder the next time! We decided it was time to quit talking about what we needed to do and just do it!! So here we go!!
  • cyclone4731
    cyclone4731 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I seem to see more pros than cons. I think I will look into this more closely.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm on week one and am doing the P90X lean schedule - Have lost 3 lbs already. I am no stranger to working out though ... I'm more than sure an average joe could make it. He tells you you don't have to do full reps etc, and there are modifications, you can WORK UP TO the most extreme level of the program
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I don't think of it as an average joe program. It depends on what you want - I didn't want to be average. I wanted to up my fitness level beyond just a standard workout that I was doing (kettlebells and running). I've pleased with the results. Figure about 1:30 minutes time commitment, once you do set up, work out, extra ab work out, etc, there are other average programs that are faster. I'm not a "Forge the rest" kind of person, I want to do it all, with intensity, and push myself. The program works in my opinion. But if in doubt, try something else first.
  • JEB77
    JEB77 Posts: 4
    Options
    It works!! It's proven. It wasn't made to be an easy work out. It takes time to get good at it and do it to the tee but kow the more you do it the better you will get at it (like anything in life). Note to self the CEO of Beach Body couldn't do it at first but now like everyone who does it has seen great results and it's worth it if you want to have a rock star body on the beach. Good Luck!! give it a try it won't hurt.