I discovered the secret to losing weight.102lbs in 10 mos

Options
ScottH_200
ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
I very seldom even eat back half of the additional calories I burn through exercise.

That practice has kept me within my daily caloric goals for 299 out the previous 300 days of logging. However, getting that exercise allows me the freedom to eat WHATEVER I want, just not WHENEVER or as MUCH as I want.

This process has resulted in a loss of 102 lbs in 10 months...

I personally don't believe in the concept of of "cheat days". Cheating denotes that you're doing something wrong and further ingrains the concept that extreme deprivation is the only way one can succeed in the battle against obesity.

I've learned the hard way (unfortunately) that extreme deprivation and guilt are not the way to success ;-)

Replies

• caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Um, ooooooook. :huh:
  • CrusaderSam
    CrusaderSam Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Um, ooooooook. :huh:

OP found a lifestyle that works for him and lost over 100 lbs and that is what you are going to say.... Anyway on a positive note congrats.
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    Thank you, CrusaderSam. I should of added that the caveat that I discovered the secret that works for me ;-)
  • Nory143
    Nory143 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's an amazing loss in 10 months. I too have learned in the last six months that I can eat anything I want in moderation and still lose weight. Who would of thunk it?
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    Good for you for finding your bodily compatibility!
  • Stonekerry
    Stonekerry Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great work - well done!
  • Whos_Rose
    Options
    Awesome!!! Gives me hope that if I can just learn my body and master moderation my weight loss goal isn't impossible to attain!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Well done Scott! That is an amazing achievement. I also agree with you that not eating back all the exercise calories helped me lose my weight.
  • sharonKay65
    sharonKay65 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great Job!! I am glad you have found something that works for you. That is what it is all about, finding something that you know you will be able to maintain.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words.
  • susiessoaps
    Options
    Well then maybe you can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I have just finished the first month of the insanity workout I try to run or walk 3.5 to 4 miles 5 nights a week. I stick to 1200 calories a day give or take 100 I don't eat my exercise calories back I did first few weeks not understanding how it worked. I weigh the same I drop 4 lbs and the next day it's back just back an forth. I know it's only been a month but would have thought that I would have some success. Can you help me?
  • susiessoaps
    Options
    And by the way good for you it must feel great and you earned every bit of it congratulations!!!!
  • HariboHeart1994
    HariboHeart1994 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, I am new to my journey might have to think about that (my job burns a lot of calories). Well done to you :)
  • susiessoaps
    Options
    don't be mean it's unattractive
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Really, no one is being "mean". Stop being so sensitive. I wasn't sure if op was making a statement, or trying to make a point about o e way vs another. I applaud his success but was confused by the wording. Relax and move on. Have a good day!
  • cedman1
    cedman1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Very nice job!!!
  • TMM211073
    TMM211073 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is very good going.... I am quite similar in my approach, I eat how and what I want (within reason) and I don't always eat back all my exercise calories, I have enjoyed every step of my journey and I'm almost at my goal now - only 12lb to go, which I would like to lose by November 2014.

It's great when you find what works for you.... Once again, congratulations xXx
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Excellent work
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!