I discovered the secret to losing weight.102lbs in 10 mos

Options

Replies

• ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Some really nice folk here. Thanks again.
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Isn't it a great feeling to finally find something that works for you! :)

Great job!!
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    Although it's not working as well as it did for you, I also very rarely eat my exercise calories back. I still don't feel a sense of deprivation and get to enjoy the foods I love. And also, I completely agree with the "cheat day" concept. It's not a positive reinforcement at all and makes things you should be free to enjoy into some kind of dirty secret..."Ooohhh...shhhh....I cheated on my test/spouse/diet."

Congrats on the accomplishment!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    The only "secret" of weight loss I know, is to burn more then you eat, but congrats.

ETA: I have cheat meals/ days couple of times a month, of course I only loss a few pounds. :wink:
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    congratulations! your hard work has paid off! I also don't believe in "cheat" meals or days... this is a lifestyle change for me - I will be having a little bit of dark chocolate most days for the rest of my life - and if the occasion arises and cake/treats are around I will find ways to fit them in - because seriously life isn't worth living if we can't occasionally have a yummy!!!
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options

I personally don't believe in the concept of of "cheat days". Cheating denotes that you're doing something wrong and further ingrains the concept that extreme deprivation is the only way one can succeed in the battle against obesity.

And I'm a believer!!!!!!
  • kdenreyes2
    Options
    Congrats on your success! That is amazing!
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!! I don't eat mine back either, and I enjoy a delicious diet! And I'm losing!
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Wow, just reading some of the replies and seeing the stats of some of you is really motivating!
  • conklil
    conklil Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I also don't eat back my exercise cals and it's working for me as well.
  • Komodo26
    Komodo26 Posts: 55
    Options
    10 months...totally awesome!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Great job! Just figured I'd point out the following things-

1.) it's probably completely acceptable to forgo eating back exercise calories when you have such a significant amount to lose (50+ pounds).
    2.) not eating those back may very well have kept your deficit on the right level to avoid any miscalculations (I.e. Underestimating your calorie intake or overestimating your exercise cals).

What you've done is truly inspirational! Just figured I'd type the above points incase someone with significantly less to lose assumes it's the only way of doing things. ;)
  • m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You are a rock!

I use the same method you do. Eat what I want, in moderation, and then work it off walking the dog!

Oh...plus I have found that hydration and good sleep patterns are REALLY important to my success.

How about you?
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • wanda1239
    Options
    That's Super..way to go!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Really, no one is being "mean". Stop being so sensitive. I wasn't sure if op was making a statement, or trying to make a point about o e way vs another. I applaud his success but was confused by the wording. Relax and move on. Have a good day!

Then what is wrong with coming out and saying what you mean so people on the internet can't interpret it to mean something else. Saves a lot of effort on everyone's part. And you don't get nasty comments back because they think your being ugly. Problem solved, now move along
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your impressive success!! It sounds like you absolutely figured out the secret for you to stay healthy. Keep it up!
  • lokepa
    lokepa Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Well then maybe you can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I have just finished the first month of the insanity workout I try to run or walk 3.5 to 4 miles 5 nights a week. I stick to 1200 calories a day give or take 100 I don't eat my exercise calories back I did first few weeks not understanding how it worked. I weigh the same I drop 4 lbs and the next day it's back just back an forth. I know it's only been a month but would have thought that I would have some success. Can you help me?

Some would argue that you're not giving your body enough fuel... With your net calories below 1200 a day might not be giving your body enough to work with... give eating back your workout calories a try for a little bit... couple of weeks... if what you're doing now isn't working, giving this a try shouldn't throw you off. Good luck!
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Really, no one is being "mean". Stop being so sensitive. I wasn't sure if op was making a statement, or trying to make a point about o e way vs another. I applaud his success but was confused by the wording. Relax and move on. Have a good day!

Then what is wrong with coming out and saying what you mean so people on the internet can't interpret it to mean something else. Saves a lot of effort on everyone's part. And you don't get nasty comments back because they think your being ugly. Problem solved, now move along
    There's always that ONE person who just can't let it go.
    Even if someone says they applaud the op and were confused. Once AGAIN congrats op.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congrats OP.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!