Almond butter?

Options
Hello, guys!

So, today I was wondering about almond butter (almond butter with no added preservatives)... I am aware that it has about 195 calories per tablespoon, but aren't almonds supposed to be very good for fat loss? I would just like to know that if you ate almond butter every day, would you gain weight? Or, if you made it part of your diet, would you gain weight? Thanks :)

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Overeating causes weight gain. A calorie deficiency causes fat loss. If you like Almond Butter then work it into your calories budget.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It is delicious. If you like it, take something out so that you can fit into your calorie goals.
  • Giddyduck
    Giddyduck Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hello, guys!

So, today I was wondering about almond butter (almond butter with no added preservatives)... I am aware that it has about 195 calories per tablespoon, but aren't almonds supposed to be very good for fat loss? I would just like to know that if you ate almond butter every day, would you gain weight? Or, if you made it part of your diet, would you gain weight? Thanks :)

I love almond butter and eat it every day with either an apple or carrots. I have lost weight. I log it and keep it within my calorie requirements. I like the creamy organic (marantha brand) although it is pricey.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Great in lieu of peanut butter when you have calories for it.
  • nicailyzee
    nicailyzee Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have never had almond butter but I eat whole raw almonds no salt (24) to be exact about everyday with an apple as one of my snacks and I have lost weight. Some days I even eat full fat peanut butter on toast with that. I love love love any kind of nut. I fit them in and I still have snacks and I have lost weight. No food is evil just portion sizes and lack of controlling yourself around certain foods have proven to be dangerous! Good luck!
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    BTW - it's about 100 calories per tablespoon (not two hundred). It's actually about the same for all similar solid fats.

You can lose weight eating twinkies and gain eating "whole and healthy" foods if the amount you eat makes you go into a deficit or superavit of calories. In theory, almonds make you feel sated and less hungry. In practice, for me, it means eating a whole bag of them - yes, that's my problem for lacking self control. Which is why I try no to stock nuts too often at home.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    aren't almonds supposed to be very good for fat loss? I would just like to know that if you ate almond butter every day, would you gain weight?
    Almonds are a healthy fat and nutritious but there are no foods that really promote fat loss. Calories is the key. I eat almond butter on apples a lot but for the nutrients, healthy fats and satiety, and it is a pricey snack, calorie-wise.