Tile vs. Hardwood weighing?

Options
So I recently moved and I used to weigh in my room on hardwood. I had to switch to the bathroom tile once I was in the new house because I have carpet in my room and hardwood is in the living room/hallway only and I didn't wanna weigh out in the open naked lol. So naturally, this morning got up, weighed and was in my range and then after breakfast I went to the bathroom again and nobody was home so, I decided to see if tile vs hardwood made a difference. I was a lot lower on the hardwood that I have been on tile. What should I believe?

Replies

• z_bra
    z_bra Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Tile...
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say the tile cuz it has less give.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,022 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters.

Weigh consistently on same surface and you will see if you are losing weight, regardless of whether the starting point was exactly accurate or not.

Yes I get that you have moved house and this throws that idea - but just make a decision on where to weigh in new place, whichever floor or room is most convenient and just accept the slight glitch as a fluctuation ( even though it isn't really you fluctuating) and move on from there.
  • wayto160
    Options
    If you placed the scale on more than one tile, the scale may not be balanced right. There might be differences in the level of the tiles that you might not notice, but your scale does. Or, if a corner of the scale was resting over a grout line. All of that could cause inconsistencies.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Majoring in the minors.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    you may be overthinking this
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    that was my answer!
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Unless you're weighing in for a major prize fight or the Kentucky Derby I really wouldn't worry to much about it.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    that was my answer!

No
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Just decide where you want to weigh and just stick with that spot all the time.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I've not noticed too much difference between the two surfaces in my home. Except that when I weigh on hardwood, I'm clothed, and tile not.

Just make sure that the scale is centered on only 1 tile. Miniscule surface levels could throw off the balance of the scale. I set my scale every morning by centering it on a specific tile and then clearing it to 0. As long as I'm in range on the reading, I'm good.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Over thinking.
    Put the scale in 1 place where it is level and keep it there. Only move to replace battery.

It's not the actual weight that matters, it the change!
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Unless you're weighing in for a major prize fight or the Kentucky Derby I really wouldn't worry to much about it.
    Thanks. Laughed really hard after reading your post.
  • Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    Options

that's funny :-)