Is 1,260 calories enough?

Options
Not really sure if this goes here but is 1,260 an unhealthy amount of calories? I'm in my 300's and I want to get down to 118 or perhaps a little above, since it is at the bottom of my weight range. However, even though I have a long way to go I want to in a fairly close to healthy way. At least when it comes to how many calories I consume!

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Did you run your height, weight and age through the MFP goal's portion?? I'm pretty sure your calories are going to be much higher than that. You want to set yourself up for success and sustainability.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    There's no medical reason why it shouldn't be enough.

But it will be a LOT less than you're used to eating, so there may be psychological challenges.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I am 216 pounds and I eat over 2000 calories ....I personally couldn't eat that low of calories ...........If you plateau you have no where to go eating at 1260...........wishing you much luck

Edit because I can't spell
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    If you feel like its enough - yeah, its fine. But - you may want to try 1400-1800 first and see if that works. There is no need to deprive yourself.

Slow and steady wins the race..... right?
  • Princessofgeeks
    Options
    The slowest and steadiest I'm willing to go is three pounds a week instead of two! But I really don't want to starve myself either. It's just that I have a lot of weight to lose if I'm going to reach my goals. Not just weight but career wise as well.