Where do you buy plus size work out clothes?

Options
rh091
rh091 Posts: 100 Member
Ladies who are plus size, where do you shop for work out clothes that are loose and comfortable at a reasonable price? I'm in canada so preferably relatively local suggestions :)

Replies

• amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    This would depend on your definition of "plus size" 14+? I'm a 15-16, Mom's around an 18...

Old Navy have an Active collection, depending on what price range you're looking at SportChek will have some. Would be surprised if Wal-Mart had any but no harm in having a look. Have a Bushtukkah near you or something along those lines? If they carry ypur size they should have some good sales on, MEC as well
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Walmart! I was there last week, and saw a great selection of workout wear (and CUTE, but basic and comfortable looking) in the Plus section. I'm in US, so I'm not sure what Canada's availability/selection is.

ETA: Your taste may vary, but I think WalMart has better Plus size choices than in the smaller range.
  • pbhayl
    pbhayl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I get all my work out wear at Pennington's. Their Active Zone line is very comfortable, the pants they offer come in a lot of different styles from Yoga to Capri and they have the tanks and short sleeve shirts, as well as the hoodies/sweaters. Love the hoodie so much in the spring I had to go back and buy 2 more!
  • MimiRob77
    MimiRob77 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Additionnelle
    Costco
    And I was surprised a few months ago to find bras that fit my size at SportExpert
  • rh091
    rh091 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your input :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they have JC Penney in Canada currently but I LOVE their X-ersion compression style workout shorts, capri leggings, and pants. They fit great, launder well, and hold up for a very long time. I have now worn misses and plus 1X and 2X and find they ALL run a bit larger than other brands but they're awesome...if you catch 'em on clearance or sale, even better.

Seriously even the ones that have gotten too big for me are still being worn regularly by my mom and one of her friends...and I wore and washed the heck out of them when they were mine, too.
  • DownsizingAaron
    DownsizingAaron Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm a dude but I go to Amazon.com - found some great stuff there.
  • JenR_
    JenR_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm in Canada - Walmart is great for them. Very reasonable too, so when I started losing the weight and needed to buy new things, I wasn't paying a whole lot for them.