Looking for some friends

Options
I am new to MFP but I have being losing weight since January. I have been overweight my entire adult life, dieting over and over again, losing and gaining weight, well, since I have been in high school. This year I got sick of it. I got to the point where I was having problems getting up from the couch and just felt so bad about myself I didn't really want to go out of the house because I didn't like what I looked like. I got so fed up with my attitude, i knew i had to do something.

I started my first week with no fried food and the second with no caffeine and then I said "OK, I can do this now.". After I lost 50 lbs, my daughter help me. She is now trying to eating healthy and we are both going to the gym. It was the first time I have ever tried it. My first day was the treadmill for 20 mins. After time, I conquered a lot of cardio and weight machines. I am proud to say I'm a regular there now. I may be a little crazy over it. I go in the morning 1 1/2 to 2 hour in the morning to do strength training and around an hour in the evening to do cardio or just moderate walking. I'm finding I really like the gym and have no objection to taking on extra time there. As long as I have a rest day, Is it too much? I hope not.

I still have another 80-85 lbs to go and I am determine this is it. This is the time I'm keeping it off. But I still, have a long journey in front of me and I know I need lots of support behind me to do it. So, if your looking for another friend count me in. Send me a friend request and I will add you.

Replies

• ThePeculiar
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :)
  • Fasttrack2freedom
    Fasttrack2freedom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Mfp team! You'll love it here and congrats on all your success !!
    Mark
  • mary6468
    mary6468 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I too have been overweight most of my life. I'm finally getting serious about losing weight this time and would love to be your friend.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you,
    You can do this obviously, you'll find a lot of great people on MFP.
    Good luck to you.
  • catherineprovocateur
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here too. I wish you a lot of succes. :)
  • sjeadie
    sjeadie Posts: 7
    Options
    Congratulations! That is so inspiring. I would love to be your friend.
  • coachfeliciad
    coachfeliciad Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP but I have being losing weight since January. I have been overweight my entire adult life, dieting over and over again, losing and gaining weight, well, since I have been in high school. This year I got sick of it. I got to the point where I was having problems getting up from the couch and just felt so bad about myself I didn't really want to go out of the house because I didn't like what I looked like. I got so fed up with my attitude, i knew i had to do something.

I started my first week with no fried food and the second with no caffeine and then I said "OK, I can do this now.". After I lost 50 lbs, my daughter help me. She is now trying to eating healthy and we are both going to the gym. It was the first time I have ever tried it. My first day was the treadmill for 20 mins. After time, I conquered a lot of cardio and weight machines. I am proud to say I'm a regular there now. I may be a little crazy over it. I go in the morning 1 1/2 to 2 hour in the morning to do strength training and around an hour in the evening to do cardio or just moderate walking. I'm finding I really like the gym and have no objection to taking on extra time there. As long as I have a rest day, Is it too much? I hope not.

I still have another 80-85 lbs to go and I am determine this is it. This is the time I'm keeping it off. But I still, have a long journey in front of me and I know I need lots of support behind me to do it. So, if your looking for another friend count me in. Send me a friend request and I will add you.

Welcome and congrats on committing to getting healthier!! New friends are always great and I would love for us to be :)