Xbox 360 Kinect - Biggest Loser, it's not a game, it's great

Options
I just wanted to tell everyone that in addition to my morning cardio at the gym, when I get home from work I also do the fitness routines with this 'game'. I'm telling you now though, it is impressive, you really don't know how out of shape you are until something like this begins to put you through your paces. It's motivational, it shows you how your form is, and corrects you in real time, it's fairly amazing and extreamelly impressive. i've been told by some skinny friends that it's a lot like P90x, except in real-time with feedback.

Anyways, i have a long way to go to reach my fitness goals,a nd I really hope this lifestyle change is permanent, and that I don't yo yo again. I've always been able to work out, but the food portions and choices have always eluded me. This really needs to be it.

Do any of you have any experience with using your kinect for fitness purposes?

Replies

• jstlikeme
    Options
    First off I am totally jealous you have a Kinect, and second so glad you posted that it has this type of performance so you can't cheat the system like with the Wii. Good luck on your goals.

Ty
  • navgal
    navgal Posts: 16
    Options
    Let me know how this works for you I wanted to get some fitness games for the Kinects but have yet to hear of any real experiances.... :)
  • patattheshire
    patattheshire Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    agree this really works you both me and my wife are now doing this and feel it
    pat
  • FAKECED
    FAKECED Posts: 61
    Options
    The kinect is a good system to be active and have fun
  • brittni127
    Options
    My husband and I have EA Active II for the kinect and LOVE it! It also kicks your butt! We downloaded the demo for Biggest Loser last night and I really enjoyed it! I think Biggest Loser and Zumba are on our list for Kinect games to get. For those who are thinking about getting a Kinect, GET IT! Its amazing, I'm in love :-)
  • vburnett01
    vburnett01 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree! That "game" is NO joke! I did it once, cried the whole time (it was kinda funny), then tried it twice, cried half the time. I told myself that I will warm up with my wii fitness GAMES first, then return to the Kinect when I'm a bit more conditioned to work hard like a biggest looser contestant.

I recommend that game for everyone. It truly does push you. It also adjusts to whatever you need and however you are feeling during your workout. They can make it easier or harder for you. All you have to do is talk to the game. Cool right?

I'm just a softee who was NOT ready for that :-). Kinect is awesome! I like playing Dance Central on it too! Very good workout.
  • mrstyle25
    mrstyle25 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It's true, you really cannot cheat the system. The instructors Bob and Jillian talk to you throughout, and you have visual cues of green for doing good and red for not. Additionally, they don't give you the full calorie burn if you don't get your form right.

VBurnett01 - I still cuss at the game a couple times when it asks me how I am doing. Instead of saying "I'm keeping up" it's usually a bit more "I'm *!(&@! keeping up" lol cause i'm just baterly doing it. It's using parts of my body i would never even thought of.

It is a great, great tool and the technology is amazing. The dance central games and other sports and type games are great to use on the weekends in addition to my normal cardio. This way i am staying active without feeling the stress of it being a calculated workout. I don't count this time towards my excercise, so it makes them little bonus calories in my head. It's only been a week and change, but it's how i'm proceeding.
  • orange_avocado
    Options
    I *think* XBox is offering a free trial of this game right now, too. If anyone wants to try it. I haven't had time to check it out yet, so I don't know if it's the Kinect version, but it looks like the same one...
  • McRebecca
    Options
    We got Kinect last week!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! I bought, Dance Central, Biggest Loser, Sports, Your Shape and of course it came with Adventures!!

I have played them all!!! I am in LOVE with BL and already started a routine and have done all the challenges! I DONT like the body analyzer... Makes me sad!! BUT I find that I do start and finish daily!!

Love Sports to play with hubby and Adventures with the kids!

I would recommend BL and Sports FOR SURE!! Your Shape I cant seem to get into and Dance Central im just not coordinated!! lol

I would also recommend getting a Live account so we can all be friends and compete in challenges with each other!!
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    We got Kinect last week!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! I bought, Dance Central, Biggest Loser, Sports, Your Shape and of course it came with Adventures!!

I have played them all!!! I am in LOVE with BL and already started a routine and have done all the challenges! I DONT like the body analyzer... Makes me sad!! BUT I find that I do start and finish daily!!

Love Sports to play with hubby and Adventures with the kids!

I would recommend BL and Sports FOR SURE!! Your Shape I cant seem to get into and Dance Central im just not coordinated!! lol

I would also recommend getting a Live account so we can all be friends and compete in challenges with each other!!

I agree!!
  • Linasanz83
    Linasanz83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    if anybody want to work out together for the biggest loser kinect here is my gamer tag : dafen1x1nl1na i can use all the motivation i can get and have fun at the same time!