18 Ibs Lost, and no one notices

Options

Replies

• jessicaklessig
    jessicaklessig Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    May be they do notice, at the start of diet and exercise some just don't like to say " Hey did you lose some weight ?" For the fear of what you will say back. Just like asking if some one is pregnant when they just gained weight. LOL
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Same boat as OP. But I'm a dude, so I care a bit less, but still it's not like it's been a crap ton of work for the last 24 lbs.
  • MellChan133
    Options
    I lost 8,1 kg which is almost 18 pounds, and no one around me notices the difference..very frustrating!

More people might notice than you realize. And anyway, as others have said, YOU know it, and that's the most important thing! You are doing great, so don't let it get you down!
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    I've lost 21 lbs and my sister told me the other day "you finally look you've lost weight! I know I told you before but I was just trying to be nice then, I can actually tell a difference now..."

Family, right? Gotta love em...
  • MellChan133
    Options
    I know how you feel. I'm fairly tall (5'11") & when I lose weight it seems like no one notices until I've dropped 30lbs or more. As long as YOU notice that is what matters the most... that's great, almost 20 lbs! The next time you to to the grocery store, pick up a 20lb bag of dog food & pat yourself on the back for losing that much weight...:)

Love this!
  • naughtymum42
    naughtymum42 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have lost almost a stone in less than a month... 4 inches off tum.... 1 of bum.... Finding hiking around our hills a lot easier now.... Scouting is going to be far easier now????
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about it. Keep on with your journey. I've lost 25 pounds and not many people notice. I've noticed my stomach shrink a little. Since no one's mentioned anything I started to wonder if I just think it looks smaller. Then I tell myself not to worry about whether anyone else has noticed or said anything. I'm doing this for myself! I think people get weird about mentioning someone's weight, etc. They aren't sure whether to say something or not.
  • KurdtC
    KurdtC Posts: 1
    Options
    Me too. I have lost 25 pounds, and because of my age and being post-menopausal, I have become rather saggy. The funny thing is that because my hair is falling out I got most of it taken off, and everyone I see says "Your haircut looks so good", I want to tell them it isn't my hair!!

I guess with me, no one really notices because I lost mine due to health reasons, I have always been into "fat rights" and I dress kind of grungy, so it would be unexpected.

Anyways, keep going, it is only a matter of time before people notice, but remember, you are doing this for yourself and not them, no matter what your motivation is.
  • p_s1984
    p_s1984 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Do it for yourself not for others reactions :) After I lost 30 pounds that's when people starting commenting on my weight loss :) Keep on going :)
  • naughtymum42
    naughtymum42 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    21 pounds lost now... And not only can I now get into jeans that have been sitting in the wardrobe for several years... And I have started to get comments on how good I look.
    I still have at least 2 more stone to go for my target...
    I have a target of some lovely sexy outfits that I would love to be able to fit into, as my ultimate goal...
    I am doing my weight loss to make me feel good... Others second.
    Using this app every day combines with map my walk has been the best motivation... It makes it very visible how well I have done.
  • tallvesl99
    tallvesl99 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    when I lost 22 pounds, people that see me all the time didn't notice that much but people who hadn't seen me in awhile said "Wow, you look great!" I knew I had lost it because I lost 2 sizes in pants (10 to a 6) which is smaller than I have been in my adult life!
  • mattreadfx
    mattreadfx Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    keep on going, its not about people noticing, its about you
  • rbailey614
    Options
    Well I notice based on the pics. Keep up the good work the compliments will come for sure!!!!

I lost 8,1 kg which is almost 18 pounds, and no one around me notices the difference..very frustrating!
  • radiantsunshine40
    radiantsunshine40 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry no one mentioned they notice; but I'm sure and more than sure someone took note but didn't feel comfortable to say so!
    I generally say something when I notice but the responses have not been great! Some people lost due to serious illness; others due to traumatic experiences and some because they are trying! At the end of the day you are losing because you NEED, WANT TO! ENJOY THE SMALLER AND HEALTHIER YOU!
  • bidimus
    bidimus Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Aside of the obvious answer of, it doesn't matter what they think. Do this for you. They'll notice in time.

The people around you see you regularly. The changes your body is going through occur gradually and while there are significant changes between 18 pounds ago and now, most people will more likely be comparing how you look to yesterday or last week. Go see your dentist who hasn't seen you in a few months and he very well may notice.

Eventually they'll suddenly realize what's happened. When they do, they'll be both surprised at the change and inspired by your dedication. Keep up the good work. You're doing great. :)
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    The main thing is that you notice! If you are losing weight for others then it probably isn't the right reason and you will not stay on the healthy path. If you feel better about yourself then that is what people will notice. Stick with it!!!

Absolutely! Who cares what other people notice? Probably they are concentrating on their own goals and interests which is only fair. The important thing is that you are working positively toward change that matters - to you.

Eleanor Roosevelt — 'You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.'
  • 30toomuchame
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss! Don't worry if others are noticing or not, YOU are noticing, and that is all that counts. Isn't it more of a reward to pull on a pair of pants and realize they don't fit anymore because they are too loose? Keep up the good work!
  • emeretta
    emeretta Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think people probably notice more, but if they are like me they don't like to say. I find complimenting someone on their weight loss or health improvement can be very tricky.

Tell someone they are looking good, and they might start thinking about how bad they must have looked before.

Or the dreaded family, who might harass you and wonder if you are on some fad diet or starving yourself and make your improved self feel unhealthy for a different reason.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I had to lose 40 lb before anyone besides myself noticed.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I'm fairly tall (5'11") & when I lose weight it seems like no one notices until I've dropped 30lbs or more. As long as YOU notice that is what matters the most... that's great, almost 20 lbs! The next time you to to the grocery store, pick up a 20lb bag of dog food & pat yourself on the back for losing that much weight...:)

I love this!!!! Great suggestion!

I had lost 43 lb when I needed to buy a new bag of kitty litter which is 40 lb. Lugging that thing up the stairs really hit home for me what I lost and how much extra I really was dragging around with me 24/7