My NSV today

Options
hyg99
hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
So 3 kids and nearly 19 years later, today my wedding dress fits again!

That's my nsv, what's yours?

Replies

• starbucktigh
    starbucktigh Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    This weekend I went shopping for jeans, which I haven't done in over a year. Usually when I go pants shopping I end up frustrated, down on myself, and in near tears.

This weekend was different. I had fun! I discovered I've lost two jeans sizes, and the new smaller size fit without a muffin top or anything!! Progress!
  • staylo13
    staylo13 Posts: 13
    Options
    I mowed my lawn yesterday (which isn't very big) without having to stop and take a break in the middle of it...
  • zazazik
    zazazik Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    wow that is great ! hope to get there soon ! That must be such a boost
  • evitaevita12
    evitaevita12 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That is great. Mine would be my size 8 pants fitting just right:)
  • zman1313
    zman1313 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Bought a pair or 32 shorts this weekend...big milestone for me considering I started with a TIGHT 40" waist. Also, down to size medim shirts from XXL. Feels great!
  • hyg99
    Options
    So jealous, I am now in UK size 12 jeans and feel amazing. Still hard at getting that number lower.

My nsv for today is my underwear, as I no longer had anything that fitted, I recently bought all new underwear. For the first time in my life, everything matches and is lovely. It's also considerably smaller...
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    My NSV today is liking how my top fits. It's kind of fitted or body conscious, but loose enough that it doesn't actually touch my skin, and the hem comes just to the top of my jeans -- the NSV part for me is that I would have never even //looked// at a shirt like this last year.
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options

Congrats! Great NSV!

My wedding dress is actually too big now because I didn't decide to get serious about weight loss until 6 months after my wedding.
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    How topical, I was just telling my other half about my, somewhat strange sounding, NSV from today. I was walking to work and suddenly realised that I felt lighter! Such a bizarre sensation! :smile:
  • momofboysva
    momofboysva Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Saturday I walked 6 miles from my house to my boys high school to watch them play football. Six months ago that would have never been an option. It felt really good to say I walked the entire way!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I was finally able to do a chin-up today!!! :drinker:
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options

That's my nsv, what's yours?

So awesome. I dont really have an nsv. I am happy for yours.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely wonderful, congratulations!
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    congrats everyone on your non-scale victories!!! they are alot of fun!!!
    Today my victory was a scale one - 173.5 - lowest I've been in many years - over 25 for sure...
    on my way to 165!
    Cleaned out my closet this weekend and got rid of all my pants over a size 12 (still had many size 15/16)...
    it's good to clean it out! My favorite part was putting on my "before" pants for some photos (my new pic here)...
    Nothing like that for a good boost!
  • hyg99
    Options
    Some brilliant nsv. Today it was seeing my old team and them being shocked at how I looked. Adds a little spring to my step.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I had a HUGE NSV today! Ballet classes started back today. I was EXTREMELY nervous, as the owner of the school had informed me that my instructor wasn't going to be able to return to do the adult class (for the past two years, I had been the only constant student-- we had a high attendance of twelve, but ultimately, I was the only person faithfully dedicated to the class) and she wanted to place me in one of the more advanced classes she taught. I didn't know if I'd be able to keep up, or if I had enough knowledge or skill to be in with these other young ladies. I didn't mind the fact that I was going to be the old woman in class with them, I was just so afraid that I wouldn't have a clue what was going on, or be able to keep up at that skill level, as many of these young ladies have been dancing since age 3 and 4 (and the class ranges from age 10 to 18 and then me). I was EXTREMELY proud of myself! I was not only able to keep up, but knew well over 95% of what was being taught! In only two short years, I've worked hard, and taken in between 5 to 9 years worth of ballet training! Not ONLY that, I've never taken a two hour class before! In the past, I would be absolutely exhausted by the time my one hour class was over, but tonight, I was shocked when I realized that we had been dancing for two full hours! Granted, I was extremely hot, and tired, but THRILLED! My dream has always been to be able to put on a pair of pointe shoes and dance, and I believe I'm well on my way to doing so!

**I look HORRIBLE in this picture, I don't ever wear makeup to dance, and my face is blood red, but I'm quite proud of how I look now in my leotard and dancewear!**

1453347_10152381817542872_2510555862630449593_n.jpg?oh=79b7c69161a4095eefd3f926e5644620&oe=546033BA&__gda__=1416323714_caf140d9a420333e010be8af388974a0

And I'm so proud of how well I can stretch and point my feet now! Things are getting easier! It was just a great day!

1425726_10152381640202872_6648827450619026589_n.jpg?oh=8f6d9b78bc821ebb86acfaf827aefba3&oe=545BDDC7&__gda__=1417257730_78de807409be28b5b183b4c5828ac256
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    My NSV is how loosely this t-shirt fits today, compared to last year!
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    My NSV… just bought a NORMAL pair of jeans (no elastic waist band) at an actual brick and mortar store. And they fit and I could breathe! I don't remember the last time I was able to wear jeans from a store. To make things even better they are the same size as what I wore in high school (not quite as big a deal as it sounds since I was big in high school too). I'm not sure if there is a vanity sizing thing going on there or not…. but WHO CARES? I'll take it!
  • allycolli
    allycolli Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Today after my spinning class, one lady commented on how great I looked and that my capris just highlighted my muscles. She asked me where I got my outfit and as I was telling her, the other women came up and started complimenting me as well and saying they were all going to go to the store to find the same pants because they loved how my legs looked :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!