pepperjack...
    at night

my fav.
    206lkll.gif
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I could honestly live happily without cheese,

WRONG! Now sit there in your wrongness and be WRONG!
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I'm looking for but I recently began to appreciate Gjetost.

http://cheese.about.com/od/cheesebuyingguide/f/What-Is-Gjetost.htm
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I am from Wisconsin so it is genetic that I like cheese. My favorites are any of the veined cheeses (blue, gorgonzola, stilton, etc) and long aged cheddar (at least 4 years). Our best cheeses stay in state and one of my favorite regional brands is Carr Valley.

Oh, and cheese curds. Gotta have that squeek!
  • Sbrn_
    Sbrn_ Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I could honestly live happily without cheese,

WRONG! Now sit there in your wrongness and be WRONG!

O-okay... :cry:
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Avoid the toe kind though.

th?id=HN.607992542726983347&pid=15.1&P=0

th?id=HN.608043893357414351&pid=15.1&P=0
  • kika_mckee
    kika_mckee Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am from Wisconsin so it is genetic that I like cheese. My favorites are any of the veined cheeses (blue, gorgonzola, stilton, etc) and long aged cheddar (at least 4 years). Our best cheeses stay in state and one of my favorite regional brands is Carr Valley.

Love Carr Valley I had their curds this weekend!
  • bonkosaurusrex
    Options
    Valley Thunder cheddar from Reading Terminal Market in Philly.

Edited to include this link: http://valleyshepherd.com/the-creamery/what-we-make/item/valley-thunder?category_id=12
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I was really craving cheese until those gnarly toe pictures appeared. Now I have lost my appetite.

I like any cheese without veins.. If my food is moldy and blue I want to throw it away.
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Stilton
    Edam
    Port Salut
    Mature Cheddar
    Bavarian Smoked

Get in my mouth and belly for all time!!
  • cdl42
    cdl42 Posts: 41
    Options
    Does it matter what kind?? Lol, I'll eat just about any cheese, in any way, with any thing. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :heart:
    Need I say more? No this answer covers it for me.:tongue:
  • earlnabby
    Options

I need to do a cheese run to Brennan's. They have a 6 year aged cheddar that is outstanding. I love many of the local brands they get as well as their great selection of imports.
  • kika_mckee
    kika_mckee Posts: 126 Member
    Options

I need to do a cheese run to Brennan's. They have a 6 year aged cheddar that is outstanding. I love many of the local brands they get as well as their great selection of imports.

Madison? Me too! They have a sweet swiss that is really good too!
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Avoid the toe kind though.

th?id=HN.607992542726983347&pid=15.1&P=0

th?id=HN.608043893357414351&pid=15.1&P=0

Boak!
    puke.gif
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I went to a baby shower a few weeks ago and they had a hunk of parmesan from Trader Joe's and it was A-MAZING. I couldn't stop eating it.
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    currently I'm on a smoked gouda kick in which I eat with red seedless grapes, but my favorite is provolone! Sharp, mild, any will do!
  • earlnabby
    Options

Madison? Me too! They have a sweet swiss that is really good too!

Brookfield one actually, although I used to go to the one in Madison when I lived on the west side.
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    Sharp cheddar although I rarely allow it these days.
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I love my brie covered with balsamic, rosemary, and craisins, then baked until bubbly. Smear it on apple slices--YUM!!

I also started trying the Yancey Fancy cheeses at my local grocery store. Beware, their Buffalo cheese has way more of a kick than you'd think. http://www.yanceysfancy.com/flavored-cheeses