12346»

Replies

• juliannebehnke
    Options
    Yasmin.... you look great!!!!!!!! Keep up the great work!!! :flowerforyou:
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    1. Don't worry about other people and if they notice or not, this is for you.
    2. People might not want to risk insulting you, weight is a sensative topic for a lot of people
    3. At work and home the same people see you everyday, changes might not be as easily noticable for someone works with you everyday. I
  • Ehecatl915
    Options
    Do you notice? Do you feel better? If the answer is yes, then who cares if anyone else notices. I am not losing weight and getting healthy for anyone but myself. I don't care if anyone notices or not :)
  • randomworldgirl
    randomworldgirl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    When I started about 6 months ago, I needed to lose 128 pounds. People didn't start noticing until I lost 35 pounds.

I've lost about 54 pounds so far, with 74 more to reach my goal. I am 5'4" aiming for 140.

I am still over 200 pounds, yet people at work are starting to call me "skinny b*tch." They think that they are giving me a compliment, telling me they are jealous and that I need to stop losing. All of this attention though is really annoying. I don't ask for their comments, they just say it.

It's kind of a double edged sword - when no one noticed in the beginning, I was like WTF.... but then when people did start noticing and started making comments about it, I was still like WTF.

I agree with martinel2099: "Don't worry about other people and if they notice or not, this is for you."
  • meleileen
    meleileen Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've learned that some people will NEVER say anything for basically 2 reasons:

A) They don't know if it is appropriate to say anything.
    B) They are jealous.

Just remind yourself that you are doing it for yourself; 18 lbs is amazing progress. Congrats!

I agree with the above comment! Like others before me said, it took 20/25 lbs before people started noticing, but it was in the winter and I wear baggy clothing. I was talking to classmates before class back in March and a close friend (in my class) asked about my progress, I told her I was at 18 lbs. lost. She said I thought so and you look great! Now another classmate jumped in with " You lost weight? Wow, I didn't even notice and I notice these things." Um, yeah thanks.....lol. I was a little stunned by her comment but she is not why I am doing this.

Just a couple weeks ago a friend of my husbands (and kinda my friend too & a former co-worker) came over and kept staring at me like he wanted to say something. I told him I lost a little over 40 lbs and am sooooo close to my goal weight (2.2 as of now) and he said I noticed but didn't know what to say without sounding like a jerk. He didn't want me to think that he thought I was fat before...he was unsure how to word his thoughts. Weight is a sensitive issue!

I congratulate you on your progress....so awesome!!!
  • Luv2Smile55
    Luv2Smile55 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I lost over 40 pounds and no one at my job said a thing. I considered it a blessing because when I had gained weight, they were kind and didn't comment then either. I guess it's all in how you look at it. :happy:
  • sc9576
    sc9576 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Some people view weight as a very sensitive subject so don't like to mention it but the main thing is how do you feel? If you feel good then that is the main thing and the most important thing. I have only lost 7lbs so far but apparently my bum has shrunk according to my mum so it all seems to have gone from there
    Well done and keep going xx