snack calories

Is there a maximum limit that a snack in between meals should be in terms of calories? is it more helpful to eat 5 smaller "meals" throughout the day that are all similar in calorie counts or does it even make a difference as long as I'm not going over my calorie limit for the day.

Replies

• Is there a maximum limit that a snack in between meals should be in terms of calories? is it more helpful to eat 5 smaller "meals" throughout the day that are all similar in calorie counts or does it even make a difference as long as I'm not going over my calorie limit for the day.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    I am on the lines with you need to eat several small meals through out the day. Because I think that if you are doing that, you are not hungry and less apt to graze without thinking about it at regular meal times.
    My meals run like this.
    Breakfast: 7:00
    1st Break: 9:30
    Lunch: 11:30
    2nd break: 3:00
    Home snack: 5:15
    Dinner: 7:00
    Night snack: 9:30 or 10:00 and only if I am hungry and too low on my calories for the day.
    --Diann
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    A couple years ago I joined Nutrisystem and that program has you eating 5 times a day about 3 hours in between and it works. I am not using NS anymore because it can get expensive but the idea of it is great. Keep eating those smaller meals and excersing, you WILL lose weight.