two weeks working out no results

Options

Replies

• becky4m
    becky4m Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    losing weight is all about your food intake. Not how long or how hard you work out. If you workout hard and still eat a ton of food you will not see a change on the scale. You do not even have to workout to lose weight.

ETA: just saw you say you are staying in your calories... Are you using a food scale? Making sure everything you log is accurate. The correct food that is on the box/package as you are logging it into MFP not just picking the closest one? Everything you drink... the gum you chew? Everything is taken into account.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Two weeks? Two weeks? Really? Two weeks?

Are you counting calories? Weighing all of your food?

Two weeks?
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Two weeks? If you spent two weeks studying law would you expect to be a lawyer? Cook for two weeks and become a chef? Paint for two weeks and become an artist?

Things take time. Everything worth something takes time. Be realistic and stick with it.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    1 1/2 hours a day? Everyday? I'm hoping it's late and my reading comprehension skills aren't working.

I'm going to assume that's all cardio, and that you probably need to rest. And develop some patience.
  • susanyounkin
    susanyounkin Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It takes 6 weeks for you to notice, 12 weeks for those who love you to notice, and at least 18 weeks for others to notice. Stick with it. It takes time, but it's worth it!
  • ByronJP
    ByronJP Posts: 67
    Options
    I've been at it for 4 weeks now and have lost 10 lbs from that date. That being said I am very high energy no matter what size I am and when I start to exercise I don't like to stop. Losing weight is a great challenge and the benefits are enough reward to stick at it. Stick to it until the snow flies (depending on location) and then see if there is a difference, until then don't be so worried about not seeing a change. If you stick with it until then and don't see a change I don't know what to say. Also everyone is right about the diet. I've cut out pretty much all junk food except on occasion, quit drinking and stopped eating so much dairy and meat all the time...
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I worked out today and didn't lose a SINGLE POUND
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Two weeks? What do you expect? It's a lifestyle change that takes time to get real lasting results.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    That's really unusual. I lost 46 pounds or so in my first two weeks.
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Lose weight in the kitchen, get fit in the gym.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options

I lost 51 and my car keys
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

I lost 51 and my left nut

Unrelated to the OP, I bet somebody my left boob the bees he wanted to have relocated weren't honey bees but yellow jackets. HONEY BEES DON'T LIVE IN THE GROUND, FOOL.

But seriously, OP. TWO WEEKS. You need to adjust your expectations.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Try two years, then come back and complain.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Unrelated to the OP, I bet somebody my left boob the bees he wanted to have relocated weren't honey bees but yellow jackets. HONEY BEES DON'T LIVE IN THE GROUND, FOOL.
    Digger bees do. Not sure they're the "honey bees" you're thinking of, but they probably make honey to feed their young, just like other bees.
    And yellowjackets make hanging nests under eves, branches, etc.

OP:
    "Most weight loss occurs because of decreased caloric intake.
    However, evidence shows the only way to maintain weight loss is to be engaged in regular physical activity."
    http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/physical_activity/index.html

Read the sexypants thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Are you taking measurements? In 2 weeks they might have changed.
    Weigh & measure your food.
    Drink lots of water.
    Lower your sodium, including processed foods.
    Don't go overboard on the exercise (as it appears you have been). Even on my heavier days I usually only do about 75 min total, combining weightlifting & cardio. The days I just do cardio, I'm doing 30 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical. You're going to burn out & end up doing nothing, which is worse than doing just 30 min of moderate exercise a day.

Don't eat back your exercise calories. Pay attention to the total intake, & keep it below your goal. This is what my doctor told me, & you can see from my ticker that it's working. This is because most people (& machines) overestimate how much they burn, and underestimate how much they eat.

Is your calorie goal reasonable?
    Find a healthy goal weight using BMI http://www.shapeup.org/bmi/bmi6.pdf and multiply it by 10 to get goal calories for losing weight to get to that weight.
    (Once you get there, nudge the calories up til you're not losing or gaining, which will probably be about 15 cal per lb.)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Digger bees do. Not sure they're the "honey bees" you're thinking of, but they probably make honey to feed their young, just like other bees.
    And yellowjackets make hanging nests under eves, branches, etc.

OP:
    "Most weight loss occurs because of decreased caloric intake.
    However, evidence shows the only way to maintain weight loss is to be engaged in regular physical activity."
    http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/physical_activity/index.html

Read the sexypants thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Are you taking measurements? In 2 weeks they might have changed.
    Weigh & measure your food.
    Drink lots of water.
    Lower your sodium, including processed foods.
    Don't go overboard on the exercise (as it appears you have been). Even on my heavier days I usually only do about 75 min total, combining weightlifting & cardio. The days I just do cardio, I'm doing 30 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical. You're going to burn out & end up doing nothing, which is worse than doing just 30 min of moderate exercise a day.

Don't eat back your exercise calories. Pay attention to the total intake, & keep it below your goal. This is what my doctor told me, & you can see from my ticker that it's working. This is because most people (& machines) overestimate how much they burn, and underestimate how much they eat.

Is your calorie goal reasonable?
    Find a healthy goal weight using BMI http://www.shapeup.org/bmi/bmi6.pdf and multiply it by 10 to get goal calories for losing weight to get to that weight.
    (Once you get there, nudge the calories up til you're not losing or gaining, which will probably be about 15 cal per lb.)
    Yellowjackets make underground nests too.
  • gabbygirl37_2001
    gabbygirl37_2001 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input. I do have un underactive thyroid and am taking meds for it. I currently am walking at 3 mph at a 2.5 incline on the treadmill for 1 hour, then ride the bike for 30 mins. I realize its only been 2 weeks but most I know lose quite a bit in the first 2 weeks of eating right and exercise. I'm going to give it a month then hopefully see some weight loss.
  • gabbygirl37_2001
    gabbygirl37_2001 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Also, normally I am pretty easy going but the sarcasm feels rude to me right now. Sorry but my weight is a sensitive issue.
  • DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    2 weeks in here as well and I have gained 4 pounds. As others have said, keep with it. Use it as a count down, you are now 50 weeks away from working out for a solid year. You will start to see results if you continue going and put the work in at the gym. Watch your food intake and continue going. If you want to have the body of someone who spends time in the gym, you have to put your own time in to get there. Step away from the scale that weighs you, start weighing your food, and keep hitting the gym. It will work, it always does.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Give it three.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Also, normally I am pretty easy going but the sarcasm feels rude to me right now. Sorry but my weight is a sensitive issue.

I would bet most people's weight is - or has been - or always will be a sensitive issue to them. I've been here over 2 years and I have learned a lot. The most important things:

If I listen, I learn. If I laugh, I learn. If I get defensive, everything gets shut down.

Hang in there. :flowerforyou: