Fitbit Zip help, please

Options
so I bought a fitbit zip and have synched my fitbit to mfp. Now here is my question, am I supposed to enter any type of activity here on mfp or do nothing and fitbit will automatically synch it at the end of the day? this new technology is confusing to me...also does the zip reset at midnight according to the time zone set on the device. thank you

Replies

• zilannoj
    zilannoj Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Just enter everything in MFP, and you have the choice to sync it at your computer or with a cell phone with bluetooth. It will reset at midnight.
  • kdeana1958
    Options
    what do you mean "enter everything in mfp"...am I supposed to log activity manually? sorry I am confused this high tech stuff is all new to me.
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    If you're not doing a step based activity, log it either here or on fitbit manually with the start and stop times because the tracker won't be able to estimate calories for those. Anything you input on MFP will be synced with fitbit.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You choice. I personally never logged any exercise. Some people like to log their non-step activity because it doesn't track as well and they want more calories available to eat back. It syncs continually throughout the day. It will re-set at midnight of whatever time you told it on the FitBit website for your time zone.