How'd you meet your significant other?

Options
amunet07
amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
Newly single, 42 and just curious how people (especially my age) meet someone. :smooched:

Replies

• Betherz82
    Betherz82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My fiancee and I have been together for over 8 years now and we met online.
  • matthawthorneisamyth
    matthawthorneisamyth Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I met my girl on Reddit.
  • amunet07
    Options
    My fiancee and I have been together for over 8 years now and we met online.

social media or dating site?
  • amunet07
    Options
    I met my girl on Reddit.

Reddit...I guess I'll have to check it out. I thought it was a blog site.
  • matthawthorneisamyth
    matthawthorneisamyth Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    It's a social news website. Our meeting was completely serendipitous.
  • Betherz82
    Betherz82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yahoo chat actually. :)

My aunt is in her 40's and she uses a couple of different dating sites that are free for women. She's met some really great guys on them. She just will never marry again.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at a friend's New Year's Eve party. We seemed to hit it off, and even kissed at midnight. I was having friends over for brunch the next day and invited him. He didn't show, and I didn't see him again for another ten months when the same friend hosted a Halloween party. This time, when he asked for my number at the end of the evening I asked if he was going to call me this time. He did...and the rest is history. I later learned that when I first met him on New Years, he was living with another woman. They'd had a fight at dinner, and she didn't come to the party. They broke up a month or so later, so by October, he was available.
  • amunet07
    Options
    It's a social news website. Our meeting was completely serendipitous.
    [/quote

must be meant to be then. Congrats
  • amunet07
    Options
    I met my husband at a friend's New Year's Eve party. We seemed to hit it off, and even kissed at midnight. I was having friends over for brunch the next day and invited him. He didn't show, and I didn't see him again for another ten months when the same friend hosted a Halloween party. This time, when he asked for my number at the end of the evening I asked if he was going to call me this time. He did...and the rest is history. I later learned that when I first met him on New Years, he was living with another woman. They'd had a fight at dinner, and she didn't come to the party. They broke up a month or so later, so by October, he was available.

So thats why guys don't call! ;) I'm glad it worked out :)
  • amunet07
    Options
    Yahoo chat actually. :)

My aunt is in her 40's and she uses a couple of different dating sites that are free for women. She's met some really great guys on them. She just will never marry again.

maybe the non-dating sites are the best. I'm happy for your aunt. I tried Match a long time ago...met guys but they ends up being a series of guys just wanting to get laid or psychos. One guy was on we dated etc and then he says he is just on it to meet friends...WHAT?!
  • amunet07
    Options
    funny...as I am responding etc with this thread, a eHarmony commercial came on (my brother tried it they matched him with a crazy girl in a hole different state
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Online on a fetish site. Been together 2 years now.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Way back in the stone ages (14 years ago) at work...don't know what I'd do if I had to start dating again! I'm too old fashioned.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Met my hubby online through plentyoffish.com and corresponded for about a month, give or take. Met him in person on my birthday in NYC. Twas quite an interesting time, I must say.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I met my girl on Reddit.

Reddit...I guess I'll have to check it out. I thought it was a blog site.

Enter at your own risk. Although it has some interesting things. there are sickos who post terrible things on there as well. If you make an account, you can adjust it so you don't see that sick stuff.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Craigslist. Was only looking for someone to get stoned with and I met the love of my life
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Sat next to me in plane geometry class in 1964.
  • happyapathy
    Options
    He rang up my freezie drinks at the gas station.
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Would you believe in a chinese restaurant?! We are now happily married for 13 years!
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    At a concert in a nearby city. Turns out that we are both from and live in the same city and had traveled to see the concert. Celebrating 25 years later this year.