Friends with 1200-1500 calorie diets

Options
Ok guys I'm struggling here to maintain 1200-1500 calorie days. I always go over. Anyone good at this? If so would you like to be friends? I need some help :-)

Thanks!

Replies

• marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Feel free to check out my diary for some ideas!
  • kyach
    kyach Posts: 17
    Options
    Im in that range.... I am within 6 pounds of my current goal but would love to be a support to you. I keep within the calorie range by making sure I'm getting enough protein. Protein in women is really important, keeps you full longer-- thus taking in less calories. First off-- do you drink enough water? feel free to add me as a friend on here--
    facebook-- Kristin Roberts Yach and instagram-- livefitagewell
  • Rmfowler1990
    Rmfowler1990 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Mfp puts me at 1340 daily. Feel free to add me I have an open diary. I'm not promising to have the cleanest eating plan but I try to stay at my calories and am making better choices with my food for the most part. It's all moderation for me! Oh and I have about 15 lbs to lose.
  • ancurtis
    ancurtis Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My target is 1500 per day. I am a long term logger; almost 800 day streak. Feel free to friend me and check out my diary. I am a 'real' food eater and wine drinker.
  • Kelll12123
    Kelll12123 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 1300-1400 calories/day and my most successful method has been shaving off calories from meals. Instead of eating a sandwich with bread, I use a sandwich thin, which saves about 100 calories. I also add less lunch meat and more veggies. I eat an egg almost every morning, but I don't put in cheese anymore (I fill it with green peppers and onions instead). A also eat a ton of baby carrots with lunch because they're low in calories and take forever to eat.
    Most people will say that you should snack less, but I love snacks and think they're important, as long as you don't go too crazy. Basically I just eat more veggies and drink a ton of water.
  • sendcassie
    sendcassie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I try to keep it around there, feel free to add me. Some days I am too busy to eat a lot so that helps me keep my calories down. I try to walk or run every day. Sometimes all it takes to shave down your calories is a busy day, I know when I'm bored and at home I tend to start snacking. Cut down on condiments if you can, they tend to add up. Keep it simple.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I am in that range as well. I find that having protein does help keep me from getting hungry between meals. An egg, slice of ham and an orange keeps me full longer than a toasted bagel.

Days that I bike or take long walks are easier because I have extra exercise calories as well.
  • lillyrose2020
    lillyrose2020 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to see my diary. I stick to my goal most days, and still manage to have a few healthier treats within my calorie allowance
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. MFP sets me at 1200. I exercise a lot and it's just not enough. I set my cals at 1300 with my macros at 40 30 30.
    I am struggling because I think my weighing and measuring are not that accurate. Especially with meals I make. It's like I am on maintenance.
    On days I try to stay at 1200 I am too hungry. Hence the 1300.
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    MFP set me as 1360, feel free to add me if you wish.
  • swaistle
    swaistle Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm 1200 I'm up and down, still trying to perfect it but getting there :)
  • LernRach
    LernRach Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    MFp put me at 1540, i average about 1200/1300 (as per dr's orders) eat fairly cleanly, am happy for u to add me/ look at my diary
    x
  • shakatan
    shakatan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat way more fruit and vegetables than any thing else, Im losing weight steadily, and feel healthy, skins good etc. I find t hard to get the 1200 in!!The fruit and veg keep me feeling full, and the protein I have tends to come from fsh such as salmon, eggs, chicken and some nuts/seeds, but those Princess meals are really good at around 250 calories a pop.
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I am in that range. You can add me if you want.....my diary is viewable to friends.
  • Ladybug1250
    Ladybug1250 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Thank you ALL so much!! I'm feeling better already. MFP puts me at 1200 but I switched it to 1500 hundred based on the TDEE math, however on the days I'm not working out as much I need to eat less. I do ok until dinner time then my calories run amuck. yesterday I ate well over 1700 and I knew I needed help at that point. I've been stuck at the same weight for about a month now. Happy im not gaining by clearly doing something wrong here.
  • skittle316
    skittle316 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1500 but even that is hard nowadays since I fixed my leptin levels, I barely crave food anymore. That doesn't mean I won't eat ????. Add me
  • salejasmine
    salejasmine Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    MFP put me at 1420. My secret? EXERCISE! Burn fat, build muscle, and you get to fuel your body a bit more! With my exercise, I can have up to 1800 calories, I feel full, and I wake up starving because my metabolism is on FIRE.

I also eat, like all day. 200 calories, wait like an hour, 100 calories, etc... And I have a protein bar at like 3:00, it keeps me full until dinner at 6.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I'm on the high side of that range, so feel free to look at my diary/friend me. A lot of what we have for dinners are homemade recipes that I've input into MFP. Message me if you're interested in getting the recipes :)
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm in that range or slightly more if I work out harder.
  • heyyimhayley
    Options
    Add me! I tend to aim at 1100. I wanna have friends with more similar diaries to me.