Weight Loss Buddies That Are doing Exercising At Home

Options
I'm looking for some friends that are trying to lose weight from home. Exercise is done at home. I'm currently trying to lose weight at home and it is proving to be very difficult but I don't have the money to sign up for a gym. So for now, at home will have to do.

Replies

• Ange0490
    Options
    I'm trying to lose weight from home too. Honestly, I hate going to the gym. It's always so crowded and I don't want to spend money on it either. So I've developed a routine and found some exercises that can be done at home. Also, taking walks and bike rides have been really helpful. I'll add you :)
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I am losing weight from home .............I do DVD's and use my total gym .......feel free to add me :bigsmile:
  • caperchick78
    caperchick78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I exercise at home. I bought an exersise bike and I use free weights and I also use videos (walk away the pounds & richard simmons). I just don't want to spend the money & the gym here is crappy.
  • TheFrugalFatass
    TheFrugalFatass Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My only exercise is walking. I am blessed to live in a town with many sidewalks and walking trails. I initially set a goal of 20 minutes per day, but once I get out to walk I usually walk for 40 minutes or more. Once the weather gets colder, I can walk on the indoor track at our local rec center for free. A gym membership is not necessary to get exercise.
  • MeganZeman
    MeganZeman Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I only have 1 fitness pal, lol! I'm not very proactive in looking for buddies and I should be. I too workout at home, right now I'm working on the Insanity 60 day program, you can find all the details online.... but I'm too cheap to buy it so I just watch other people complete the routines on youtube and I do my best to follow along. But it's working, I'm feeling good! If you make a schedule for yourself it may help you stick with it. Good Luck!
  • erinelissa91
    erinelissa91 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I haven't stepped foot in a gym since I began this journey and I am over 30 pounds down with about 10-15 to go. I do have free weights and a bench that I use all the time. I also use FitnessBlender.com for workout ideas and videos. They have really kept me going. I also run and walk and come up with my own Tabata or Circuit training routines.
  • mommyofjan
    mommyofjan Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I only use a treadmill at home. I have the "typical" gym anxiety and no money either lol Feel free to add me
  • 59gi
    59gi Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Add me also. I exercise at home for an hour per day. I break it up in two to three sessions.
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me..........I exercise at home 20 min.slow walking in place
  • wearynurse
    wearynurse Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I mostly exercise at home too. I have a gym membership but am very time-poor and as a single mum, I can't go to the gym before or after work. I do Jillian Michaels and go for bike rides, swim or play sports with the kids on the weekends. Every little bit helps!
  • marylynn85
    marylynn85 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym right now. Maybe once all the kids are back in school I will finally be able to join. I do exercises at home, I also go to the track near my house everyday to walk and I do a lot of hiking with my kids.

Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I work out both at home as well as the gym in fact today, I did my AB's & Squat Routine at home then I went to the gym and did Body Combat Class, I went for a walk after class, had a light lunch came back home rested and did 30 Day Shred. I focused so I'm doing multiple things based on my schedule. I LOVE all my gym has to offer you don't need a gym to experience success.

Studies show most people are more successful at home. You can do this!!!! I just found the perfect gym for me I've been able to meet participants from The Biggest Loser from Seasons 11 & 12 and actually work out with Brett the former trainer Jillian brought in.

Good Luck Everyone!
  • saberika87
    saberika87 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose weight from home as well - utilizing the MFP app, also using My Personal Running Trainer app, which I love. Last year, I struggled with working out (I could barely even jog for 30 seconds). Since last year, I've lost 20 lbs. I still have a very long way to go. I have been biking to and from work, which only takes about ten minutes one way and have noticed how much it has increased my endurance level. I jumped on the treadmill yesterday and was able to jog for an entire 5 minutes straight. I was so happy I cried and I cant wait until I can run for an even longer period of time. My ultimate goal is to train for a half marathon (eventually), but right now aiming for a full 1 mile run goal. I'd love some more motivational friends, add me if you'd like! :)
  • MisspelledMe
    MisspelledMe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I work out at home, too. Live in a small town with no gym, but I couldn't afford to go if we did have one (and probably wouldn't go anyway, thanks to an anxiety disorder). I do my own thing--walking around inside the house (will probably take it outside once summer is finally over), some dancing, lots of bodyweight, and a few things with dumbbells.
  • crom911
    crom911 Posts: 16
    Options
    working out at home is the best :) . closest gym is 40 min away and to expensive any how. I have a home gym and an elliptical here at home and am looking for some free weights. I do a lot of body weight exercises also. Feel free to add me ( that goes for anyone, this gets easier with more friends to be with along the journey )
  • christinwright313
    christinwright313 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym but I will also work out with you a home we can decide what we want to do for the day together and check in with each other.
  • AustinRockall
    Options
    I'm looking for some friends that are trying to lose weight from home. Exercise is done at home. I'm currently trying to lose weight at home and it is proving to be very difficult but I don't have the money to sign up for a gym. So for now, at home will have to do.

Go and do sprints. 50 or 100 m and walk back and repeat until your sick of it/or want to die. Awesome fat burner
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I just started working out at home also (canceled my gym membership a week ago). I haven't really figured it out yet completely... I got some DVDs, weights, resistance bands and a yoga mat. There's also a lot of programs for free on Youtube so I was just going to do those...and of course running/walking/hiking outside :)
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I exercise at home! From walking outside to wiifit u,zumba to 30 day shred,dumbbells to (very soon! Coming in the mail tomorrow!) Kettlebell I work out a lot,but all from home :)
  • kalison83
    kalison83 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I workout from home because I have two kids and it's too difficult to get to the gym. Also, I don't really have any excuse to not workout since I don't have to go anywhere. I'm following some workout dvds and I'm down a total of 40 pounds since my daughter was born in April