Date Night Recipe Request! :)

Options
defygravity531
defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
Hi all,

My boyfriend and I are having a date night tomorrow night and we LOVE cooking dinner together. However, I've run out of ideas for what to cook!

It doesn't have to be anything fancy, we're pretty casual. My only request is that you be as specific as possible, I need lots of guidance when cooking! :)

Thanks!

Replies

• turboandrea
    Options
    The possibilities are endless! Put on some music, break out a glass of wine or two and cooking anything together can be romantic. :)

What kind of foods do you like? We've done stir-fry, spaghetti and meatballs, steak, etc. It all depends on food preferences.
  • kac7700
    kac7700 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Is there anything you don't like?

I'm making a wild rice stuffed acorn squash for my date with my husband tonight. He just loves that dish. I know squash isn't for everyone...
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Make the dessert ahead of time.

Combine sugar free raspberry jello with 1 1/2 cups water (of course boil), drain and add mandarin oranges and add 1/3 cup pecans.
    Divide into 4 servings. Chill. Serve with sugar free whipped topping.

Try to pick a light entre. Makes for a nicer ending to a romantic evening. :wink:

Have fun.
  • FutureMsFit
    FutureMsFit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Do you like Chinese food? I love the WW Fried rice recipe and then make some sweet and sour chicken using real pieces of chicken without breading. Use the sauce as a dip instead of soaking them in it, less calories. You're getting protein, carbs, veggies...good stuff! =) We love to cook together, with the kids and without, we'll probably do this sometime this weekend ourself...gotta love date nights!
  • FutureMsFit
    FutureMsFit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Do you like Chinese food? I love the WW Fried rice recipe and then make some sweet and sour chicken using real pieces of chicken without breading. Use the sauce as a dip instead of soaking them in it, less calories. You're getting protein, carbs, veggies...good stuff! =) We love to cook together, with the kids and without, we'll probably do this sometime this weekend ourself...gotta love date nights!

And if you need the recipe, let me know it is SOOO easy!
  • Daisygurl7
    Daisygurl7 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
  • adellepuppy
    Options
    Falafel on pita with all the trimmings. Top it with tzatziki and some hot sauce. You eat it out of your hands. It's messy. It's great!!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Zuppa De Pesce.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/mario-batali/zuppa-di-pesce-from-amalfi-recipe/index.html

Really very easy... and shell fish are best in the winter!
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Can't go wrong with a Baloney Sandwich:)

http://homecooking.about.com/od/appetizerrecipes/r/blsnack1.htm
  • TinkDD03
    Options
    White fish or some shrimp on a bead of brown rice or couscous. Add in a healthy serving of salad and try creating your own dressing with olive oil. Use your spices to sauce it up a bit.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

The lady killer speaks! Hey babe, want to go back to my place for baloney sandwiches?
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Cajun Grilled Shrimp stuffed in a Butterfly Pork Chop.