Keep Messing Up

I just keep messing up :/ I stuff my face at night and give into cravings and I am losing motivation to do exercise. I feel so bad because it is clearly showing but I just don't have the will power to track everything and be healthy 24/7. How can I get back on the wagon and have the same motivation I had like a few months ago?

Replies

• logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Is your current plan just unsustainable?
  • xxharleyquinnxx
    xxharleyquinnxx Posts: 166 Member
    Not really its 1410 calories which should be fine for me because it used to be. I just keep getting the munchies all the time rather than just occasionally.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    It would be helpful if you opened your diary. but with only around 7lbs left to lose (judging by your ticker) then you should only be aiming to lose 0.5 lb per week. I would hazzard a guess that 1410 is too low for you, in which case you are probably experiencing cravings because your body is hungry.

Also, are you eating 1410 calories net or gross? Are you trying to restrict lots of foods you enjoy?
  • I really sympathise. I have often had a good, sensible day then somehow ended up with a snack or treat just before bedtime and wake up in the morning hating myself. I wish I knew what to say to help you dredge up that willpower not to do it. Maybe some kind of routine change, are you eating at a particular time? I always want to snack when watching tv on my own after everyone else is asleep. I could read instead or go to sleep instead of staying up with the tv. Or maybe change around the food you eat and the times....could you skip lunch and plan to eat those calories in the evening instead? Giving myself ideas now!!! :) Good luck :)
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    What did you set up on MFP for weekly weight loss? If it's more than 1/2 lb per week, then, yes, it's too low and probably unsustainable, which is why you are hungry & don't want to workout - it'd make me tired and cranky too. Why not up your calories and see if that gives you more energy & motivation? Better slower weight loss than to give up!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Eat more calories
    Up your protein in your diet
    Eat healthy good fats
    Lower the carbs a bit, not so much white carbs
    High fibre
    Add more fruit & veggies to your diet
    Drink lots of water, Green tea

Work out your BMR & TDEE - Have you done this??

Height, Weight, Stats etc... What are they?

Ps) Keep snacks around or with you - Snack on: Protein Bars, Cottage cheese, Boiled Eggs, Fruit, Chicken pieces/slices, Greek yoghurt pots, Nuts, Smoothies, Juices, Protein Shakes etc
  • logg1e
    When you plan the day, start by planning in your night time munchies, and work back from there?
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    I felt like that only two weeks in. I am now on my fifth week, and on a totally different plan.
    Five weeks ago, I started eating 100% healthy, 1200 kcal (I am short, and not too much overweight), and working out daily.

That is not me. I lasted two weeks.

Now I do what I always do, just eat less of it, upped my kcal to 1300, and feel much better. I have a hometrainer in my bedroom, and I cycle the red numbers away in the evening, watching television, if I have a chance.
    A few red days won't kill me, just need to make a habit of green.
    Taking it slowly.
    The weight is coming off slowly, but as I weigh on a Monday, my ticker does not show that. I am today 2 pounds lighter than yesterday. Lost my weekend-weight already.
  • challian
    challian Posts: 11 Member
    Maybe you could cut back on the weed at night?
  • xxharleyquinnxx
    Thanks everyone, yeah my goals is set to 1lb per week so I will change it to 0.5lbs per week. I'm hoping by Halloween I could lose those 7lbs if not more. I also think I need to space out my food more, like eating every 3-4 hours. I have worked out my BMR and TDEE but I don't really know what they mean and different sights say different things so does anyone know a good reliable website? I'm not restricting alot of foods but I am vegetarian and do tend to eat the same stuff so could this be effecting things?
  • xxharleyquinnxx
    Okay so now my calories are around 1600ish but if I put my activity level to sedentary (I am a receptionist five days a week) its gone back to 1460 so should I change it to lightly active, I plan on exercising 5 times a week but I don't think this covers lightly active at all.
  • logg1e
    You were on 1410. Put it to 1510 and try that for a couple of weeks.
  • huggymama
    huggymama Posts: 12 Member
    It might be 'diet fatigue', especially if you say you're eating the same most days.
    Try some new foods, get experimenting in the kitchen. Cashew nut 'cheese' is delicious, easy & low in cals etc.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Okay so now my calories are around 1600ish but if I put my activity level to sedentary (I am a receptionist five days a week) its gone back to 1460 so should I change it to lightly active, I plan on exercising 5 times a week but I don't think this covers lightly active at all.

If you're working 5 days a week you are probably not sedentary, lightly active would likely be appropriate.

Also, when doing your workouts, be sure to log this and eat back exercise calories - this is how MFP is intended to be used, as exercise is not included in the activity setting - this is just a reflection of your daily activity regardless of exercise.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    I agree with the upping of the calories, you say you're vegetarian, are you getting enough protein? I get ravenous when I'm not getting enough.
  • xxharleyquinnxx
    I don't think I do get enough protein, I like peanut butter and eat some of that every now and then but again I don't really know what is high in protein :/
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I don't think I do get enough protein, I like peanut butter and eat some of that every now and then but again I don't really know what is high in protein :/

Peanut butter isn't that great for protien to be frank.

Depending on what you allow yourself as a vegetarian...there are many options out there

Cheese, eggs, greek yogurt (if you eat them)

Nuts such as almonds, sunflower seeds, protien powders, Hemp seeds/hearts, beans, peas,

http://www.nomeatathlete.com/vegetarian-protein/

Has a list...