Anyone in their 30's + with between 150 and 200 lbs to lose?

Options
I will be 31 in a few months and to my dismay, I need to lose around 182 lbs (82 kg's / 13st).
Without going into a long story, this is my third (I think) serious attempt throughout my life and the heaviest I have ever been!
I am hoping my head is in the game this time...it feels like it, but I've lost the willpower I thought I had a few times over the last 2 years or so. This time I want to keep it. I notice I do better with support and praise as it motivates me more.

Anyone with similar goals and on a similar journey in life want to start a support system to motivate and challenge each other?

Replies

• kurtistime
    kurtistime Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm not in the same bracket of weight lost but I have lost 32 lbs and have another 20 to go. I would be more then happy to help you along your journey. Feel free to add me
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi, im 33, not got as much weight to loose but would love to support - feel free to add me!
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 and have a total of 200 to lose… although I love to be able to say that I only have 150 to lose now. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • pmsherlock
    Options
    Hiya,

I've lost 114lbs so far and I started at the tail end of 38. In fact my official 1 year weigh in was yesterday and I've gone from 48% body fat to 17.7% according to the Tanita scales.

I got nominated as a finalist with my blog story:

http://www.theproteinworks.com/thelockerroom/blog/paulsherlock/what-difference-year-makes

What I'm getting at is that if I can do it then anyone can. Just need to show lots of willpower and really want it.

Thanks,

Paul
  • lenny1976
    lenny1976 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm 38 and have 100lbs to lose.
    Good luck with your journey :smile:
  • JSE81
    JSE81 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 33 and have lost 135lbs with about 70lbs to go. Feel free to FR me.
  • QuillensMom
    QuillensMom Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Me too. Feel free to add me. 33 and need to lose another 150-170
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

I started last August at 39 years young and set my "goal" to lose 232lbs. Hit 40 last month and my one year is about 8 days away and i have lost 190lbs.

Best wishes on your WOE.
  • missfitnessdaisy
    Options
    hi, I am 33, I am 5'2'' and 119 lbs, my goal is to get leaner in 3 months of time, add me please, let's do this!!!
  • Cyanide8Happiness
    Cyanide8Happiness Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the offers of support and all the inspiring messages :-)
  • Phriezia123
    Phriezia123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 53 years old and need to lose 140 lbs. It is so weird to think of that number and know it's my fault for getting this unhealthy. I have become Type II Diabetic and feel physically and mentally awful all the time. I KNOW my life is in the balance...but it's SO hard. I am my own worst enemy and it's just so easy and comfortable to just think I'll do better tomorrow, but I never do.
    I will be happy to encourage you and maybe your progress will inspire me to try harder.
    Good luck to both of us!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I don't have as much to lose, around 30lbs after baby no.3, but I'm happy to support you. I've logged in every day for over 2 years. I'm 36.

I did lose 66lbs after baby no.2, so this isn't the first time for me either.