From Obese With Severe Anxiety to a Fit Personal Trainer

Options
Repost from the motivation and support forum (for popular demand)

Hey guys I decided to make a thread about my transformation to help anyone who is in need of some motivation to get started or continuing their journey towards a healthier lifestyle.

Those Picture were taken at the age of 17 and 18 years old
r7h71iq.jpg 4iJP8Nj.jpg

On those picture I was around 350 pounds and was dealing with severe anxiety, I wouldn't come out of the house on day time cause I was too shy of my appearance and would wait night time to go grab the paper or go to the grocery store, which I would wait almost until close time so there would be almost nobody. At this point of my life my only goal was to be a pro at videogame. I dropped out of school because of my anxiety problems at 15 years old and since this moment everyday of my life was pretty much the same. I was sitting in front of my computer for at least 12 hours a day and my diet was pretty much everything I could put my hands on... Poptart,Icecream,Soda,Cookie,Chocolate Milk,Energy Drink... You get the point.

One day I realised that my life was going no where. I was wasting the best years of my life to be good at a videogame, that was insane! I had to do something about it.

I went back to school at 18 years old which was really difficult for me, just being around people was making me sick. I knew my weight was the issue and I would have to change my lifestyle in order to be happy with myself and make my anxiety go away. I started reading online about nutrition and fitness and I was hooked right away, My nutrition was the hardest thing to change. I went from eating 7000+ calories a day of junk food to eaingt 2200 calories a day of clean food. It took me around 6 months to get used of those healthy eating habits. In those 6 months i've lost around 50 pounds with nutrition alone. I had more confidence and my anxiety was slowly going away, I then decided to register at my local gym and this is when I really got result. I've lost another 90 pounds in the next 9 month and my anxiety was gone, I was doing great in school and even got a Marketing Degree(I now study Kinesiology).
e9wRw1W.png Au5IXsG.jpg

If we skip to this day i'm now a Personal Trainer and run Spartan Race,5ks,10ks at 210lbs 12%Bodyfat and in the shape of my life. My goal is now to help people who were like me and need to improve their lives.
The change you see is only physical but mentaly i'm a whole new person. I now have more confidence in whatever I do and I see life on the bright side. I can finaly say that i'm living my dreams instead of dreaming my life!

I hope some of you will be motivated by my story and remember that consistency is the key!

I'm doing the IDFA transformation challenge in April 2015 so if you guys wanna follow me as I prep for this show you are welcome to follow me ­@ http://instagram.com/kevmaheu

If you want me to post anything specific that would help motivate you, just ask :)

Replies

• centaurizoe
    centaurizoe Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Marry me.
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
  • jensine2
    jensine2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    What a great testimony!!!!!! congrats congrats.......You look like a whole new person... just amazing.... best of all is your confidence is up!!!
  • aprilricks86
    aprilricks86 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's awesome, you go man! :) as a former chub and shy person myself, I can appreciate your struggle and strength to overcome other issues on top of the weight. Congrats to you!
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Way to go! The best part of your transformation is your smile...it is a truly happy smile. The world needs more of those!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'm over the moon for you. You really did the right thing, wish some people I love could do the same. Inspirational and gorgeous as hell.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Hurray!
  • CeeHannah
    CeeHannah Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Love reading about life changes. Going to write my own someday!
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Congrats man, I'm hoping to accomplish what you've done here :)
  • DreamOfSunshine
    DreamOfSunshine Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    That is so motivational! Thank you for sharing!!!

Oh, I am one more of those who wants to use the experience once I'm done so seeing other people achieve it for sure fires up the dream!!! :flowerforyou:
  • AdaVanderlyle
    AdaVanderlyle Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Marry me.

My thoughts exactly.
  • the_summer_belle
    the_summer_belle Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job what an inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • knittingayle
    knittingayle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    WOW! Thank you for sharing -- congratulations!
  • assthetik
    assthetik Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Incredible! i have no words
  • JulsiePie
    JulsiePie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Very motivational.
  • lenny1976
    lenny1976 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow. Well done, you look fantastic!
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic, I love how happy you look.

(What does that thing with your fingers mean?).
  • jayclock
    jayclock Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    well done. But clear something up for me. is there really a job as pro videogamer? Hard to imagine
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Truly an inspiration because you're still so young and you really took your life into your own hands at such a critical age, I bet you'll keep fit for life because of this great transformation that you've made both mentally and physically. Congrats!!!
  • losingforgood120
    Options
    Wow you are looking happy and fit!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!