bump
  • p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Definitely taking notes. . Haven't meet my other half yet :blushing:
  • k1ttyk1tty
    k1ttyk1tty Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    The internet. (okcupid to be more exact)

Same actually. My boyfriend is so embarrassed about it that he tells everyone we met at Walmart. Because that's somehow any better.
  • Mitzki5
    Mitzki5 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I am 37 now. My wife and I met in high school when I was 14 and she was 16. Been in love ever since!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Greyhound bus station.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Azeroth.
  • hangryrunner
    Options
    I met my boyfriend on Plentyoffish, we have been together for 6 months this coming Monday. We couldn't be happier.
  • TrainingToBePerfect
    TrainingToBePerfect Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Hehe Cooking Hot Dogs, for a charity !
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I met mine at work 5 years ago.
    We worked for diffrent departments but our paths crossed a couple of times daily.
    We became friends and then progressed to more.
    We have been "together" now for 4 years November :-)
  • JT_Taylor99
    Options
    Currently significantly otherless! Bump for notes on how to meet a SO.
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    match.com.....the second time around. The first one was in a bar....should have known better.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    A Yahoo chat room in the 90's

We were randomly chatting (b/c that's what college students did back then), when we realized that we had friends in common (he only lived about an hour from me).
  • siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options
    zoosk.com
  • TheNewPriceIsLoading
    TheNewPriceIsLoading Posts: 2,135 Member
    Options
    Azeroth.

WoW
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    At a tattoo shop..I'm serious. I was 16 and went in with friends ( of coarse we all said that we where 18) anyway, I would sneak out of my window at night to go visit him. my parents where not happy about this and tried to stop it. After a while they realized that they couldn't stop me so let me get married. I'm 34 now and still happily married to him :-)
  • NotJustADieter
    NotJustADieter Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Met my fiance on the internet... wasn't planned, but we sort of clicked in a way I've never clicked with anyone before. Saved up my money, did copious amounts of background checks and planning, and visited him in England. He was just as wonderful in person as he was over skype.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    Yahoo chat actually. :)

My aunt is in her 40's and she uses a couple of different dating sites that are free for women. She's met some really great guys on them. She just will never marry again.

maybe the non-dating sites are the best. I'm happy for your aunt. I tried Match a long time ago...met guys but they ends up being a series of guys just wanting to get laid or psychos. One guy was on we dated etc and then he says he is just on it to meet friends...WHAT?!

bump
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    We worked together at a high end steakhouse. He was a cook, I was a waitress. He had moved from NY to NC and started working there just a month or two after I started working there. I was a divorced 23 year old mom of a toddler, he was a 30 year old single guy who had been in a on and off long term bad relationship up in NY and moved to NC to get a fresh start. For 6 months he tried to get me to go out with him, but I wasn't interested. He hung out with the group I hung out with after work and basically followed me around. He dated one of my girlfriends, okay, he slept with one of my girlfriends. After 6 months, he convinced me to come over to his apartment for a home cooked meal (he's an awesome cook!), and that was it, we became a couple. That was almost 25 years ago and we've been married for over 22 years. He's my best friend and soul mate and still a fabulous cook!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    This is probably not helpful as I can't imagine doing this now (I'm 40) but I met Hubs at a dance club. This was nearly 17 years ago now...holy cow, how time flies! I was just there hanging out with my girls and he came up and started dancing with me.

I know a few people who have met their SO's more recently. One was on plentyoffish, one was at a gym. The 2nd took some time to evolve as she wasn't sure about him (not her typical type) but the more she got to know him, the more she realized he was a good guy and they've been together for 5 or 6 years now.
  • minionmichjourney
    minionmichjourney Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    At a tattoo shop..I'm serious. I was 16 and went in with friends ( of coarse we all said that we where 18) anyway, I would sneak out of my window at night to go visit him. my parents where not happy about this and tried to stop it. After a while they realized that they couldn't stop me so let me get married. I'm 34 now and still happily married to him :-)

me too, well apart from the tattoo place, I was 3 months from my 16 and i went to a club with my friend, (we looked 18). and met him there.
    and that was 24 years ago. and two kids.